Solution Architect- Cloud
Solution Architect- CloudBoston, Massachusetts Technology Job ID R14347
Seasoned Solution Architect professional with Azure cloud skills/knowledge, which is recognized across the organization for their expertise. Demonstrated potential to take on expanded responsibilities. Influences and makes decisions with significant impact on the organization and/or company. Influences the development of functional strategy. Establish medium to long term work plans for the function.
The MassMutual Tech & Data Engineering Group is seeking an outstanding individual to architect cloud platform engineering and technical design for the Azure cloud and DevOps platforms. This role would translate reference architecture and patterns into platform engineering solutions. Cloud Solution Architecture will work with Cloud/DevOps developers, Platform Delivery lead and Cloud/DevOps architects to oversee platform design, standard & patterns implementation, and product releases. The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for architecting the solutions based on automation/patterns and developing infrastructure using infrastructure-as-code and SRE principles.
- Works with Enterprise Architecture, IT leaders, business, and IT support teams to develop and maintain technical strategies and roadmaps that are aligned with the segment’s strategic direction to ensure that business capabilities are enabled.
- Work closely with enterprise architects, product managers and Cloud/DevOps engineers to design and implement cloud platform automation solutions
- Partner with the Platform Delivery Lead on the prioritization of the product backlog, refining product roadmap, KPIs & releases
- Leads the identification and analysis of key industry and technology trends to assess potential effect on their business segments. Develops new technology enablers for business segments and technology domains.
- Collaborate with Cloud/DevOps engineers to solve technical and design problems
- Conduct and oversee design & code reviews
- Define platform software engineering standards and ensure compliance
- Monitor platform software quality and work closely with Cloud/DevOps engineers to improve it
- Work closely with stakeholders and engineering teams to on-board and self-service enable platform consumers
- Support platform operations, ensure platform stability, assist with incidents and maintain platform SLA’s
- Design automation frameworks to support the platform products
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering discipline
- 8+ years of IT experience, including experience in cloud solution architecture, and DevOps/ SRE experience
- 5+ years ofAzurecloud-native software engineering experience
- Ability to devise engineering solutions through critical examination of problem and collaboration with team members and customers (developers, architects, engineers)
- Practitioner experience with containerization (docker & kubernetes), cloud technologies, tools (Jenkins, Artifactory)and practices (CI/CD patterns, TDD, automated provisioning & release, GitOps, IaC)
- Technical leadership (DevOps/SRE mindset) experience on a highly agile team delivering business value incrementally
- Solid cloud and infrastructure experience with a working understanding of cloud infrastructure components at IaaS, PaaS & CaaS abstraction layers
- Experience with the full spectrum of software engineering value stream (e.g. build, integration, testing, and releasing / deployment)
- Solid understanding of software security and defensive coding techniques and left shift security models (DevSecOps)
- Highly skilled in automation languages (e.g. Golang/Rust, Python) and configuration management tools (e.g., ansible, chef, puppet, and Salt)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, innovation, and the ability to motivate, inspire, and lead cross group/functional teams with a high degree of independence and success
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Cloud & DevOps Certifications e.g., Azure Architect, Developer or Ops
- Experience with leading enterprise cloud transformation programs
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.