Systems ConsultantSpringfield, Massachusetts Technology Job ID R14451
As a Systems Consultant on our Annuities Order Entry Team, you will embark on a dynamic journey at the intersection of business and technology. You will navigate our order processing systems, using your expertise to streamline operations and ensure seamless transactions for our valued clients. Collaboration will be your cornerstone, as you engage with a diverse team of professionals dedicated to pushing the boundaries of efficiency and client satisfaction.
Our team is a dynamic ensemble of professionals who are united by a deep business knowledge, attention to detail, and a passion for using technology to meet customer needs. They thrive in a fast-paced environment, leveraging their collective problem-solving skills to overcome challenges and meet client expectations.
- Assist clients in defining their requirements and recommend appropriate application alternatives.
- Complete routine system checks, maintenance tasks, basic troubleshooting, and consultation on standard system projects
- Perform the configuration, maintenance, modification and documentation of applications according to standard or predefined procedures.
- Prepare documentation and participate in the evaluation of new application packages and the identification of anticipated systems requirements for planning purposes.
- Receive general supervision and expected to work on own most of time.
- Consult on escalated support issues and root cause analysis
- Work in an Agile development environment, attending daily stand-up meetings and delivering incremental improvements
The Minimum Qualifications
- 2+ years experience as a technical liaison between business and technology teams
- HS diploma or equivalent
The Ideal Qualifications
- Seasoned individual capable of handling broad scope projects that could have a short to long term focus
- Strong understanding of Financial Services background (retail annuities, life insurance, long term care, workplace solutions)
- Industry expertise with key vendors to support new onboarding, platform maintenance, and ongoing enhancements including but not limited to DTCC, AnnuityNet, iPipeline, Firelight etc.
- Knowledge of both sides of the order entry process (Distributor and Carrier)
- Ability to brainstorm and research/resolve issues from our Distribution Partners on business-to-business services
- Skilled in problem solving and technical analysis
- Effective relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner to get up to speed with MassMutual practices and industry position
#LI-SC1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.