Systems ConsultantSpringfield, Massachusetts Technology Job ID R14450
As a Systems Consultant on our Annuities Order Entry Team, you will embark on a dynamic journey at the intersection of business and technology. You will navigate our order processing systems, using your expertise to streamline operations and ensure seamless transactions for our valued clients. Collaboration will be your cornerstone, as you engage with a diverse team of professionals dedicated to pushing the boundaries of efficiency and client satisfaction.
Our team is a dynamic ensemble of professionals who are united by a deep business knowledge, attention to detail, and a passion for using technology to meet customer needs. They thrive in a fast-paced environment, leveraging their collective problem-solving skills to overcome challenges and meet client expectations.
- Assist clients in defining their requirements and recommend appropriate application alternatives.
- Solution Development: Assist in designing and developing optimized solutions for annuities order entry processes
- Stakeholder communication: Act as a bridge between technical teams and non-technical stakeholders, ensuring clear communication. Technical liaison between MassMutual business partners, industry vendors, and distribution partner
- Perform the configuration, maintenance, modification and documentation of complex and advanced applications.
- Prepare documentation and participate in the evaluation of new application packages and the identification of anticipated systems requirements for planning purposes.
- Consult on escalated support issues and root cause analysis
- Work in an Agile development environment, attending daily stand-up meetings and delivering incremental improvements
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years experience as a technical liaison between business partners and technology teams
The Ideal Qualifications
- Strong understanding of Financial Services background (retail annuities, life insurance, long term care, workplace solutions)
- Ability to brainstorm and research/resolve issues from our Distribution Partners on business-to-business services
- Skilled in problem solving and technical analysis
- Effective relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Seasoned individual capable of handling broad scope projects that could have a short to long term focus
- Quick learner to get up to speed with MassMutual practices and industry position
- Industry expertise with key vendors to support new onboarding, platform maintenance, and ongoing enhancements including but not limited to DTCC, AnnuityNet, iPipeline, Firelight etc.
- Extensive knowledge in product profile, distributor profile, forms xml, in support of the various order entry platforms
- Knowledge of both sides of the order entry process (Distributor and Carrier)
- Established working relationship with the current Order Entry Vendors
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Annuities Order Entry team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-SC1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.