Corporate Tax Manager
Corporate Tax ManagerSpringfield, Massachusetts Finance & Accounting Job ID R14329
Corporate Tax Manager
Boston, MA or Springfield, MA
At MassMutual, we’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing highly interactive digital experiences for our customers. As a member of the Domestic Tax Unit, you’ll have an opportunity to join an engaged team of professionals who work to reduce the Company’s exposure to tax risks, support M&A transactions, provide high-quality tax advice, and satisfy tax accounting, reporting, and compliance requirements for the Company’s domestic life insurance companies and its non-insurance subsidiaries.
Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator with strong tax technical knowledge and analytical skills. You’ll use your skills to influence change, solve issues, and create efficiencies while assisting team efforts to support tax compliance, accounting, and financial reporting initiatives.
This role will report to the Domestic Tax – Life Tax Lead, a part of the Corporate Tax Department within Corporate Controllers. The team is responsible for federal and state tax compliance, GAAP and Statutory tax accounting including computations of quarterly and annual income tax provisions, financial statement reporting, and income tax planning and forecasting.
To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring a Corporate Tax Manager to join our team.
- Prepare and review income tax provisions in accordance with GAAP and statutory accounting rules (ASC 740 and SSAP 101)
- Prepare and review required Federal tax forms for domestic life insurance and non-insurance subsidiaries
- Support GAAP and statutory audits
- Assist with IRS and state audits
- Assist with tax planning opportunities, M&A transactions, modeling tax impacts of proposed legislation and capital planning projects
- Develop a strong working relationship with internal and external clients
- Collaborate with external auditors to provide support throughout audit cycle
- Perform technical research and prepare documentation of conclusions reached
The Minimum Qualifications
- 5+ years of tax accounting experience (GAAP – ASC 740)
- 5+ years of experience in managing corporate tax technical functions such as federal tax returns, audits, modeling tax impact, and domestic tax
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
The Ideal Qualifications
- Experience with insurance tax accounting, statutory (SSAP 101), is a plus
- CPA or MST highly desirable
- Strong computer skills, including tax compliance software, GL systems and research software
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to identify issues, research and recommend effective solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to interact and collaborate within the Tax department and across the Company
- Excellent organizational skills, experience managing a diverse workload and skilled at prioritizing
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Domestic Tax team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, Veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-DM2MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.