Security Operations and Engineering Intern (Summer 2024)
Security Operations and Engineering Intern (Summer 2024)Springfield, Massachusetts General Job ID R14552
Enterprise Cyber Security (ECS) has over twenty programs in place to identify and manage risk that enables MassMutual to improve cyber resiliency. As an intern in ECS, you will have the opportunity to align to your professional development goals through an immersive on-the-job experience in one or more areas. We are seeking intellectually curious talent in the following areas:
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) – projects, strategy, and support
- Security Platforms
- Endpoint Protection
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
ECS is dedicated to improving cyber resilience at MassMutual through the use of data science driven risk analysis and unconventional security control design. We are building a world class security organization that approaches cyber security in innovative and exciting ways. In ECS, every team member is empowered to drive their personal and professional development goals and explore the cyber security roles that interest them most. The encouraging and accessible leadership team in ECS ensures that each team member has the resources and support necessary to experience a career in cyber security aligned with their skills and ambitions.
As an ECS intern, you will learn how to work methodically in a detail-oriented way to dig into technical cyber security projects and examine them from all sides. You’ll be able to participate identification of real-world cyber security risks and incidents. You will learn how to collect and manage cyber security artifacts and how to develop a project for senior-level presentation. As an ECS intern you will obtain foundational understanding of cyber policies, standards and controls and learn how they apply to the technical aspects of a cyber security organization.
The Minimum Qualifications
- At least a rising sophomore enrolled in a four year university/college with at least a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or
- At least a high school diploma and currently completing a cybersecurity certification program
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Critical thinking and analysis skills
- Eagerness to learn with a general understanding and interest in a career in cybersecurity, risk management and technology practices
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship, both now or in the future
The Ideal Qualifications
- Baseline understanding of common cyber vulnerabilities
- Data analysis and basic database knowledge
- Demonstrated curiosity in applying logic to large data sets
- Encryption and key management
- Technical capability in one or more of these areas:
- Log analysis
- Identity and Access Management
- Ethical Hacking
- Cloud Computing
- Data Science
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Enterprise Cyber Security team and leadership
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
We’ve been around since 1851. During our history, we’ve helped millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection, and plan for the future.
Today, we continue to develop meaningful relationships with our customers by building their trust, being knowledge problem solvers and always prioritizing their needs. MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life.
MassMutual was recognized as an Ethisphere 2019 World’s Most Ethical Company, a Top Place to Work in 2019 according to The Boston Globe and named among America’s Best Employers for Diversity according to Forbes 2020. MassMutual ranks No. 84 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge statusMassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.