Business AnalystSpringfield, Massachusetts Business Analysis Job ID R14588
As a DI Business Analyst, you’ll navigate the intricate landscape of the disability insurance industry and be immersed in a challenging environment, partnering with diverse teams to shape and optimize our disability insurance offerings, ensuring they remain competitive and beneficial to our clients.
Our team is deeply motivated by the knowledge that our work has a profound impact on individuals’ lives. Recognizing the importance of security in the face of unexpected life events, this team is driven to provide the best disability insurance technology solutions to our clients.
- Seasoned individual capable of handling broad scope projects and can work independently on multiple project tasks. This includes leading business analysis across multiple parallel initiatives.
- Proficient in defining business and/or systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable industry requirements. This includes the ability to facilitate requirements gather sessions and document business system requirements and use cases.
- Works very closely with both business and technical stakeholders and seeks opportunities to improve the way we operate business.
- Assist other team members with understanding the business requirements and provides business analysts on the team with mentorship and coaching.
- Participate in all phases of project planning, development and testing and collaborates with business and systems experts.
- Lead analysis of business processes, procedures, data and rules
- May provide oversight of overall quality of work product
- Negotiate and influence requirements direction
- Lead/consult on escalated support issues and root cause analysis
The Minimum Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in a Business Systems Analyst or similar role
- 1+ years of experience in any of the fields of life, annuity or disability insurance
The Ideal Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in a Business Analyst and/or Business Systems Analyst role
- 3+ years of experience in any of the fields of life, annuity, or disability insurance
- Knowledge of disability insurance products, regulations, underwriting, claims processes
- Ability to influence peers, leaders and business customers
- Skilled in problem solving and technical analysis
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Seasoned individual capable of handling broad scope projects that have short to long-term focus
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the ETX Disability Insurance team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-SC1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.