Member Service Representative
Member Service RepresentativeSpringfield, Massachusetts Finance & Accounting Job ID R14626
Member Service Representative, Operations/Member Service
The role of Member Service Representative (MSR) is an important role within the Credit Union. In this role, the individual assists members and non-members with Credit Union needs. This includes explaining products and services (deposit and loan), responding to questions or inquiries (deposit and loan), inputting loan applications, and the signing and disbursal of consumer and home equity loans/lines. The MSR is also responsible for identifying cross-service opportunities and, if necessary, referring those members to the appropriate Credit Union representative.
The team consists of representatives that work with members and non-members to identify root causes of issues, proactively follow up with related business partners to resolve issues in a timely manner and assist applicants with the membership/account opening process and with system input and signing of consumer and real estate loans. To be successful on this team, you must have a strong attention to detail, be able to multi-task, thrive in a fast-paced work environment and have strong interpersonal skills.
- To meet or exceed operational and organizational objectives
- To provide prompt, accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service excellence to all members
- To maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.
- To cross-sell appropriate Credit Union product and services; referring member to another Credit Union employee, if necessary
- To follow established policy, procedures and regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act
- To ensure that all new memberships are opened accurately and all identifying information is input properly
- Travel to other MassMutual Federal Credit Union, MassMutual Financial Group locations for training or various other events is required
The Minimum Qualifications
- GED or High School Diploma
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Ability to operate a computer in a data processing environment including various peripheral devices including printers, copiers and calculators etc
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact
- Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Adherence to strict confidentiality about personal financial information of members and credit union is required
The Ideal Qualifications
- Experience in the Financial Services Industry, preferably in a Credit Union or Bank
- Cash Management experience
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual Federal Credit Union and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Member Service Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, Veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-AA1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.