Systems EngineerSpringfield, Massachusetts Technology Job ID R14688
A Systems Engineer is in charge of designing, implementing and maintaining the information technology systems for an organization. Their duties include designing the basic computing infrastructure to accomplish key tasks, establishing networking rules for cybersecurity and troubleshooting network errors or other technical issues.
The Systems Engineer is a key member of the Investment Delivery Services (IDS) Team responsible for application administration and technical support for technology platforms and systems supporting Investment Management (IM). This role supports and maintains numerous large and complex applications to manage work queues for project delivery and daily operations.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for the testing and introduction of application configuration changes, applying upgrades, setup and maintenance of user security roles, and monitoring and troubleshooting issues concerning the health of the application and/or the environment. Additionally, this position will provide technology support for onshore and offshore teams including user provisioning/de-provisioning, designing and implementing application customizations, and managing and tracking desktop and connectivity related issues. This position requires a broad technical knowledge with the ability to perform very specific technical tasks within the various solutions.
- Support business stakeholders during production operations
- Support IDS and project development teams
- Influences and implements the IDS technology strategy
- Technology support for end-users and development teams
- Assist in defining, documenting, and implementing best practices
- Administer the IDS technology solutions including Eagle, Infogix Reconciliation, Web Servers, AD security, SFTP sites, and Network file shares
- Application Support and Maintenance functions include:
- System and/or server administration including change management, patches, and product upgrades
- User provisioning and de-provisioning
- Security role setup and management
- Troubleshooting: jobs, access, application issues
- Annual DR testing
- Environment health management
- Schedule and lead working sessions that will align stakeholder requests with application features/capabilities
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of application administration experience with large, multi-tiered applications
- Comfortable taking initiative and working independently but knows when to involve others
- Comfortable working with stakeholders from a wide range of functions and seniority levels
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team-based environment
- Excellent communication skills with ability to address and resolve conflicts diplomatically
- Ability to work through complexity with ease, identifying themes across complicated issues in time-critical situations
- Experience in agile and DevOps tools and delivery is a plus
- Experience in cloud administration and maintenance (e.g. IAAS) is a plus, AWS preferred
- Experience in the investments and/or finance data domain is a plus
The Ideal Qualifications
- Ability to apply technical knowledge across multiple business functions and technology platforms
- Ability to work in close collaboration with project/program managers, architects, developers, and testers to define and implement standards and best practices
- Ability to leverage technical skills across multiple departments and domains
- Skilled in interacting between internal business partners, internal IT teams, and offshore partners
- Ability to communicate clearly and to simplify complex topics for a wide range of audiences (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work through complex issues, identify themes, and develop solutions, in time-critical situations
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and platforms
- Ability to adhere to project schedules and meet deadlines in the execution of job responsibilities
- Ability to identify improvements in personal efficiency by seeking counsel from more experienced peers/partners
- Self-managed and motivated individual with strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Works with minimal oversight and proactively communicates status and risks to project leadership.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
#LI-RK1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.