Alternative Trading Desk Consultant
Alternative Trading Desk ConsultantBoston, Massachusetts Investment Management Job ID R14825
As a member of the Alternatives / Structured Investment team you will assist with the management development of the Structured Investments eco-system on the MassMutual Wealth platform for our +7,000 financial advisors and clients. You will lead projects and provide strong analytical support to teammates in a fast paced, innovative, and collaborative environment. You will provide subject matter expert on Structured Investments and provide sales support and a seamless trading experience that is tailored to complex strategies and the needs of HNW clients.
Alternative and Structured Investment Products by themselves are worth little: financial advice for a client and their loved ones is worth everything. Our mission is to enable advisor practices, agencies, and MassMutual to thrive in the HNW space by providing open architecture solutions and expertise to:
- Help clients protect the ones they love
- Help clients achieve their dreams
- And help them grow and transition wealth through wise investing
The Alternatives Trading professional will focus on proactively enabling advisors with Alternatives and Structured Investments Product solutions to assist them in driving growth. You will work in partnership with the Alternatives team, Trading Desk, and financial advisors on the full range of offerings across the platform.
- You will assist with curating the Structured Notes calendars and coordination of custom notes.
- You will provide pre- and post-trade technical support to advisors and their trading assistants and educate and adhere to procedural requirements in collaboration with the trading team.
- Accept accountability for a seamless client onboarding experience while collaborating with trading and operational areas
- You will develop new and existing relationships with investment banks, third-party distributors, and distribution partners to advance the product category for the firm
- You will drive process improvements, in part by leveraging technology
- Develop presentations with for significant data and analysis for internal meetings and projects
- Apply broad understanding of portfolio management, investment solutions and how Alternatives and Structured Investments are integral building blocks for holistic planning.
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Series 7 at time of application or must obtain within 90 days of hire
4+ years of relevant experience in a trading, business development, or relationship management in the financial market industry.
4+ years of experience selling or supporting financial solutions within an advisor channel
4+ year of experience working with Microsoft Suite (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
The Ideal Qualifications
Experience with more complex investments and solutions designed for HNW clients
Excellent interpersonal skills and strong desire to solve problems
Demonstrated client service skills with stakeholders and clients
Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a high level of attention to detail
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Able to successfully operate in fast paced environment
Strategic mindset and ability to work in a cross-functional and collaborative environment
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
Regular meetings with the Alternatives and Structured Investments Product Team to outline approaches to profitability grow business in a scalable way.
Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager and access to mentorship opportunities
Eligible for Variable Incentive Compensation
Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran, and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-CR41MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.