Wealth Management Finance Consultant
Wealth Management Finance ConsultantBoston, Massachusetts Finance & Accounting Job ID R14755
Wealth Management Finance Consultant
Boston, MA or Springfield, MA
This Wealth Management Finance Consultant role is a newly created position that will be a key addition to our Wealth Management Finance team. The team resides within the Controllers Organization which aspires to be best in class financial stewards for MassMutual’s Wealth Management subsidiaries. This is an opportunity for an individual who thrives in a highly dynamic and agile accounting environment to collaborate across teams focused on solid execution and improving outcomes. We are seeking a finance professional who wants to join a highly motivated team of professionals focused on proactively driving the development and execution of process improvements, meaningful analysis and strong coordination with the business partners to grow the business.
The Wealth Management Finance Team provides finance and accounting support for MassMutual's Trust Company, broker-dealers and their related subsidiaries. As a Wealth Management Finance Consultant, you will provide sound financial advice to business leaders and other departments, anticipate the financial statement impact of changes in the business environment and make recommendations to ensure appropriate processes are implemented and maintained.
Viewed as a subject matter expert in the finance field. Responsible for conducting and documenting the most complex financial analysis projects. Create financial models and conducts forecasting. Present findings and make recommendations to management that result in significant business impact. Develop policies, procedures, guidelines. Position may provide functional advice or training to less-experienced financial analyst positions. Additional responsibilities include:
- Thrives in an environment whereby the team is inspired, engaged and motivated by identifying opportunities to learn and grow.
- Play a key role in a collaborative and inclusive culture by working closely with the Wealth Management business leaders on developing a robust forecast including anticipation of future funding requirements and effectively communicate and analyze the variances between actuals and forecast.
- Responsible for ongoing activities as part of the monthly, quarterly and annual close cycles including the preparation and presentation of quarterly results to the audit committee and Board of Directors.
- Prepare and analyze regulatory reports including Call Reports and FOCUS reports ensuring adherence to U.S. GAAP, OCC and FINRA rules.
- Effectively lead and manage the requests for the annual external audits as well as any regulatory exams.
- Actively participate in the implementation of the Company’s new ledger.
- Uses professional insight to identify and implement process improvements that increase the business value and efficiency of the team.
- Initiates and/or leads increasingly complex continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain adherence to an internal control framework that ensures accurate and timely financial and regulatory reporting as well as providing recommendations to continuously improve the overall control environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related major
- 8+ years of related accounting experience with a track record of increasing responsibility
- 4+ years of experience in financial analysis and reporting
- 4+ years of experience and knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- 4+ years of experience and knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Due to the nature of this position, as a part of our background check process, candidates must be able to pass a non-registered fingerprint background check to qualify as a fingerprinted person under FINRA
*This position will require the candidate to comply with MassMutual’s Investment Advisory Code of Ethics pursuant to SEC rules and regulations.
The Ideal Qualifications
- CPA and/or Master’s degree preferred
- Series 27
- Knowledge of tools, applications, and/or queries to create and configure new reports, dashboards & decision-making analytics
- Knowledge and experience within broker-dealers and/or trust companies as well as strong demonstrations of knowledge of FINRA, SEC and OCC rules
- Strong analytical skills: ability to analyze financial data sets and tell the story of the data
- Proven ability to complete high quality work efficiently and increase autonomy over time
- Experience analyzing accounting guidance to drive appropriate and preferred accounting and reporting across the Company
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships across cross-functional groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas in and articulate in an organized and persuasive manner to leadership, staff, regulatory bodies, etc.
- Able to work well in a dynamic and agile environment while leading the team in execution of various priorities and related deliverables
- Intellectual curiosity to continue learning and adding breadth and depth to understanding of the business
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Wealth Management Finance Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-RP1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.