Strategic Finance Consultant
Strategic Finance ConsultantBoston, Massachusetts Finance & Accounting Job ID R14977
Strategic Finance Consultant
Strategic Finance Business Partner (SFBP)
Boston, MA or Springfield, MA
As a Strategic Finance Consultant, you’ll have an opportunity to contribute to helping our businesses grow and become more profitable. You will learn about our businesses, the competition they face on a daily basis, their product and distribution priorities and the types of information they use to drive decision-making. You will partner across Finance to understand the financials, leveraging data platforms to identify key information that will help tell their stories. You will provide support to CFO customers on analyzing and understanding performance, opportunities for cost efficiencies, benchmarking comparisons, sales, and profitability. You will contribute to engagement for change, innovation and value creation.
In this role as a Strategic Finance Consultant, you will join our Strategic Finance Business Partner (SFBP) team supporting several of our Brand, Product and Affiliated Distribution businesses, which manufacture, market and sell insurance, annuities, and wealth management solutions. The collaborative Strategic Finance Business Partner team demonstrates accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, strong business acumen, and courage, even in the most difficult situations. Effective communication skills are crucial to successful relationship-building and the ability to articulate the reasoning and basis for your recommendations and conclusions. Our team demonstrates an inquisitive approach, asking probing questions to identify issues with specificity.
As a Strategic Finance Consultant your work will impact strategic decisions made with your business partners; enabling better strategic decisions utilizing the financial data available. You will accomplish that through the responsibilities listed below:
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships and collaboration with business and finance partners
- Demonstrate strong business and financial acumen through participation in initiatives to grow the business and increase efficiency
- Liaison regularly across CFO to help validate, understand and explain drivers of financial results and ensure optimal forecasting estimates
- Analyze sales, expenses, cash flows, AUM and other financial drivers used by business partners and finance organization to drive insights and actions to improve overall results
- Utilize data management tools and build and/or modify financial models to optimize analysis of financial results and trends
- Use business acumen and communication skills contribute to commentary which enables readers to quickly understand how performance is impacting financial results, collaborating with co-workers and clients in the business
- Employ stewardship lens when reviewing business and financial trends and forecasts; consider long term impacts to policyholders
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years' experience providing financial or quantitative support on business related matters
- Experience using data and information to analyze and communicate (in writing, orally and visually) the implications of business unit activity, ideally leveraging business intelligence applications (Alation, Microstrategy, SQL queries etc.)
- Experience working with or supporting modeling of insurance or wealth management products
- Intellectual curiosity to continue learning and adding breadth and depth to understanding
- Ability to partner with and influence business leaders and peers in using financial information and tools to identify options and make decisions
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to convey complex financial information in readily understandable terms
- High level of accountability, agility, and business acumen
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Strategic Finance Business Partner team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, Veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-DM3MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
MassMutual will accept applications on an ongoing basis until such time as a candidate has been offered employment.Salary Range: $110,400.00-$144,900.00 Apply