Head of Security Platform Engineering
Head of Security Platform EngineeringSpringfield, Massachusetts Technology Job ID R15058
This leader will play a pivotal role in ensuring the security and privacy of MassMutual’s digital ecosystem in compliance with our policies and standards, while enabling smooth access for authorized users. The ideal candidate will possess a strategic mindset, extensive cybersecurity technical expertise, and a proven track record in successfully building and leading strong cybersecurity teams and enhancing the information security landscape of an organization.
The Head/Lead IS, Security Platforms & Architecture will be responsible for setting the strategy, designing, building and maintaining an exceptional Identity and Access Management (IAM) platform and program that will interact seamlessly with the rest of MassMutual’s infrastructure environment to further the company’s commitment to robust cybersecurity and seamless customer experiences. Responsibilities include setting and coordinating IAM program strategy, governance and execution of the IAM strategy, IAM solution design and integrations, program awareness, securing funding and budget management, business relationship management, and organizational change management. This position requires a highly strategic and seasoned leader with strong business acumen and extensive working knowledge of IAM technologies, practices, policies, and their application at enterprise scale. The successful candidate has proven track record and success of building strong, diverse, talented cybersecurity teams who can deliver operational excellence in their programs and someone who is very comfortable interacting with the most senior levels of the organization to help direct and lead the IAM program as a business enabler for the company.
They will also be responsible for establishing and executing a comprehensive IAM strategy that aligns with MassMutual’s business goals, regulatory requirements, and industry best practices, and will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to implement identity and access solutions that balance security with user convenience. The candidate will manage the strategic roadmap leading to delivering IAM services as well as a portfolio of IAM products, and ensure the effective operations of IAM functions, including privileged access management.
The role requires extensive expertise in setting strategy as well as creating, developing, and leading strong and effective teams that manage identity, authentication, privileged access and authorization management. This is a strategic leadership role that requires influence and cross department collaboration related to identifying and resolving complex technical and operational problems. This role will lead multiple managers, and highly specialized professional associates as well as managed service provider relationships.
- Develop and implement IAM strategies and roadmaps that are in compliance with MM policies, standards and procedures.
- Lead & oversee the design and development of Authentication solutions that enforce applicable organization security policies and access management requirements.
- Build and lead a team of strong, technical Identity and Access Management professionals, providing guidance, mentorship, and fostering a culture of innovation, inclusion, collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Overseeing strategy and operations of IAM systems, including user provisioning, de-provisioning, authentication mechanisms, and role-based access controls and implementing monitoring and auditing processes to ensure compliance and detect anomalies.
- Lead and oversee the build, configuration, and architecture of one or more authentication platforms, such as Okta and Azure including integral technology components such as SSO (Single sign-on), registration, identity proofing, multifactor authentication, password resets, etc.
- Drive the technical vision and design to ensure security architecture is compliant with the least privileged model.
- Defines, enhances, and oversees all enterprise-wide authentication processes, controls and follow-up, exception & risk acceptance approvals, and walkthroughs.
- Responsible for business requirements to integrate authentication systems with in-house and third-party applications for provisioning, access requests, and certifications.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand access requirements and translate them into effective Identity and Access Management solutions.
- Ensure Identity and Access Management practices align with regulatory requirements and security standards.
- Align AM initiatives with business goals, compliance requirements, and ensure the tools and capabilities are aligned with our overall MassMutual technology strategy and infrastructure landscape.
- Evaluate security trends, evolving threats, risks and vulnerabilities then apply capabilities and tools to mitigate and measure risk.
- Support the development and rollout of IAM products and services with embedded security, resiliency, and overall operational excellence.
- Map multiple-year IT planning efforts to align with business needs, changing technologies, and evolving threats to ensure the accomplishment of objectives within applicable budgets.
- Coordinating with MassMutual’s incident response teams to promptly address security incidents and breaches related to identity and access.
- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high-energy and enthusiasm.
- Ensure continuous improvement of IAM program - Review, update, and recommend changes to IAM policies, standards, and procedures to mature the IAM program.
- 15+ years of IT infrastructure and information security experience.
- 8+ years leading an advanced enterprise IAM information security practice.
- Strategic and forward-thinking technology leader with deep expertise in IAM and technology strategy
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and executive presence with the ability to partner and influence across multiple organizations, up to Executive Leadership Team. Able to present complex technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in developing and effectively managing large budgets.
- Exceptional leadership skills to inspire and support a high-performing technical team. Track record of building strong, technical, and effective Identity and Access Management teams who consistently deliver with operational excellence.
- Proven experience in designing, building, and managing IAM platforms and systems in a complex enterprise environment.
- Track record of defining and delivering a strategic roadmap for best-in-class capabilities across the Identity and Access Management space.
- Understanding of authorization concepts and frameworks (e.g., RBAC, ABAC).
- In-depth knowledge of IAM technologies, protocols, and standards, such as SSO, MFA, OAuth, and OpenID Connect.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements related to identity and access management, such as GDPR, HIPAA, or SOX.
- Experience with identity federation and identity as a service (IDaaS) platforms.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- CISSP is desired.
#LI-MC1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
MassMutual will accept applications on an ongoing basis until such time as a candidate has been offered employment.Apply