Investment Tax Senior Associate
Investment Tax Senior AssociateSpringfield, Massachusetts Finance & Accounting Job ID R15149
Investment Tax Senior Associate, Investment Tax/Tax, CFO – Tax Department
Full Time, Springfield MA or Boston, MA
The Investment Tax Senior Associate will prepare, review, and improve US income tax provision calculations and documentation, and maintain quarterly tax adjustments, tax basis, and deferred tax assets/liabilities for assigned entities and investment portfolios. The Investment Tax Senior Associate utilizes knowledge of ASC 740, tax accounting for investments and financial products, and will support the Tax Department’s initiatives to develop and enhance automated solutions.
As an Investment Tax Senior Associate, you will be a member of the Investment Tax team within the Corporate Tax Department, part of MassMutual’s Controllers Organization. The Corporate Tax Department is comprised of high-performing, collaborative, and agile tax professionals who are motivated by challenging work that delivers sustained value and a culture of accountability.
- Develop and maintain Tax subject matter expertise in relevant investment areas such as fixed maturity and equity securities, mortgages, real estate, joint ventures, and derivatives.
- Understand the complex nuances between book and Tax accounting and reporting for assigned Investment areas and entities, present and explain in basic terms.
- Prepare and review US income tax provision and projections, ensure documentation is properly maintained.
- Liaise with and collaborate with others in Tax Department, including Tax counsel, to support tax controversy, transactions, special projects, tax return preparation and review.
- Utilize existing technology and contribute towards Mass Mutuals continuous improvement efforts to automate processes, increase efficiency, and provide quality solutions.
- Communicate and present results to Senior Tax Management effectively, using concise summaries and recommendations.
- Research and document tax issues, as required.
- Collaborate and communicate well with other team members.
The Minimum Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
- 4+ years of tax experience from public accounting or financial services
The Ideal Qualifications
- Tax accounting for financial products, fixed assets, real estate, derivatives or securities and/or experience preparing and reviewing heavy volume of 1065s/K-1s preferred
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following key areas:
- Corporate income tax provision and/or return preparation and review
- Partnership tax experience
- Public accounting or consulting firm, working as a dedicated Tax professional
- Tax Accounting experience and working knowledge of the following industries: Insurance, Banking, Lending, Financial Institution, Private Equity, Hedge Fund, Real Estate, REIT
- Demonstrates knowledge in ASC740 accounting for income taxes, and Statutory accounting
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Successful problem-solving and analytical skills
- Self-motivation and critical thinking
- Seeking to enhance knowledge through technical reading, continuing education, and other means
- Experience in navigating and managing the financial close process
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with professionals from varying backgrounds and cultures
- Experience using business intelligence tools such as Alteryx
- Passion for leveraging technology and exploring new technology solutions
- Ad hoc support for special projects and initiatives
- Ability to perform under time constraints and meet deadlines; strong sense of urgency
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance
- Ability to identify issues and offers solutions and recommendations
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Investment Tax Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-RP1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
MassMutual will accept applications on an ongoing basis until such time as a candidate has been offered employment.Salary Range: $86,200.00-$113,100.00 Apply