Private Funds Oversight Analyst - State Street Global Advisors, Officer
Are you a hardworking and motivated individual?
Are you excited at the opportunity of joining a brand new team?
State Street Global Advisors is looking for a principal to join a newly formed private funds oversight team.
This team is responsible for the governance and oversight of all aspects of any private fund within SSgA including NAV control, pricing and regulatory reporting. Some of the key responsibilities for this team include: Improving internal controls, staying abreast of regulatory reporting/Dodd Frank updates, monitoring regulatory reporting related policies, and other ad hoc regulatory reporting projects. Additionally, this person will be responsible for assisting in the launch of a new 130/30 product as well as supporting any other private funds within the SSGA pipeline. This is a highly visible role within a newly created team.
As Private Funds Oversight Analyst, you will:
- Supporting the execution of the governance framework over regulatory reporting
- Onboarding of new filings as we look to constantly improve the current workflow.
- You will act as liaison with third party vendors on most alternative products.
- You will be the lead as we onboard new products and/or regulatory reporting filings.
- Build strong, long-term relationships throughout State Street organization.
- You will monitor trade settlements and reconciliations for alternative products.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 5 plus years working experience in accounting or regulatory reporting functions in a financial institution
- Undergraduate degree in accounting and/or finance
- Experience with alternative products such as FX forwards, bonds and other derivatives.
- Knowledge of the life cycle of a trade, interacting with a hedge fund administrator and prime broker(s).
- General understanding of collateral as it relates to an alternative product.
- Hardworking, positive attitude with a strong team orientation.
- You will bring positive relationship building technique, analytical skills and a high proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Has a passion to win, always look for new ways and support innovation Accepts ownership and accountability.
- Ability to work well in the framework of a small team environment and raise ideas to managers to support operational improvements.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
Salary Range:$65,000 - $102,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.