Application Developer - State Street Global Advisors, AVP
Who we are looking for
This is a hands-on Developer position in State Street Global Advisors, with Architecture/Platform group, used by the business to manage asset management risk.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model/on site, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you will be responsible for
As a Developer you will
- Support production systems to ensure business continuity
- Involve in application development, integration, and testing efforts to meet business requirements
- Provide post production support and maintenance.
- Ability to drive change through collaboration, influence and demonstration of POCs.
- Responsible for all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design, coding, Code review, integration testing, deployment, and documentation.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- 5+ years of industry experience as a Python, SQL Developer
- Strong knowledge on technologies which can help in designing reusable data migration framework and components
- Experience working in an agile delivery environment
- Hands on development experience on Python, Unix shell scripting
- Exposure/understanding of DevOps best practice and CICD (i.e. Jenkins)
- Experience working in a multi-developer environment, using version control (i.e. Git)
- Hands on experience with Java, AWS and Databricks is a plus and highly desirable.
- Strong critical thinking, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
Salary Range:$90,000 - $142,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.