Client Onboarding Manager, State Street Global Advisors, Assistant Vice President, Hybrid
Who we are looking for
State Street Global Advisors Trust Company (SSGA) is seeking a motivated Client Onboarding Manager with institutional client experience, who can excel in a fast-paced environment while working cohesively with their core team. Are you that person?
As a Client Onboarding Manager within SSGA’s Global Institutional Group, you will be responsible for managing the entire onboarding life-cycle for new and existing client relationships in North America. You will also be part of, and collaborate with, a talented team focused on managing events to match the investment goals of our clients in an efficient, helpful and timely manner.
To be successful, you will need to develop a thorough understanding of SSGA’s investment and operational capabilities, as well as our breadth of service offerings. Due to the complex and continually evolving client relationships and goals, the most successful Client Onboarding Managers are agile and able to develop collaborative relationships across our sales, legal, operations, compliance, investment, product, billing as well as other internal teams, to achieve deadlines and develop a comprehensive working knowledge of the business and industry. As SSGA invests in technology you will be immersed in our efforts toward automation, efficiencies and creative thinking to achieve better ways of interacting with our clients and each other. You will also partner with your colleagues in other regions to ensure global consistency in our processes and to continuously improve the overall experience of our clients.
This role is part of the Global Institutional Group and you will report to the Head of Client Onboarding in Boston. This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the largest asset managers in the world. We partner with many of the world’s largest, most sophisticated investors and financial intermediaries to help them reach their goals through a rigorous, research-driven investment process. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Client Onboarding Manager you will
- Take full ownership of concurrent client onboarding events (ex: Separate Account launches, Glidepath mandates, Collective Investment Vehicle fundings, Advisory relationship), focusing on delivering a positive experience by meeting and exceeding client expectations
- Work directly with clients, consultants and other external stakeholders to successfully guide each deal through KYC, contracting, setup, and funding
- Collaborate with consultant and OCIO providers in order to proactively improve the onboarding experience
- Cultivate positive relationships with internal partners including Relationship Managers and Account Executives, Legal, Operations, KYC, Portfolio Management, and Billing, encouraging collaboration and positive onboarding event outcomes
- Participate in ongoing process improvement initiatives across the department
- Keep a diligent awareness of business risk and ownership of issues when they arise
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Significant knowledge of the institutional assets management industry
- Proven experience in navigating complex client relationships and liaising with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated analytical skills and thoughtful approaches to tasks and new situations
- Effective project leadership across multiple working groups both internally and externally to achieve our clients’ expectations
- Ability to thrive in a highly regulated environment that demands full compliance with policies and procedures
- Outstanding attention to detail, extremely accurate and well organized
- A fluid mindset towards technology so as to successfully use and adapt to multiple existing and new systems
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- A willingness to learn, collaborate and take on additional responsibilities
- A positive, can-do attitude that motivates and inspires others
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the investment management industry, working directly with institutional clients
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on
them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
Salary Range:$80,000 - $132,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.