VP - Data Analytics (snowflake technical/engineering leader)- Remote
US : VP – Data Analytics (snowflake technical/engineering leader)
The Data Platform Engineering team's mission is to engineer and deliver self-service, performant and resilient data services platform to enable world class product development.
We are looking for an experienced Snowflake technical engineering leader who will be responsible for planning, designing, developing and maintaining the data architecture, data models and best practices standards for various Data Analytics & Integration projects in Snowflake. You will be responsible to incorporate new features and ensure all subject areas are modelled to integrate with existing structures. You will be expected to create & continuously enhance documentation of the deployments & best practices pertaining to implementation of data architectures, data flows and data models in the platform.
You will work within a global team to develop and maintain automation that enable self-service & management capabilities of the platform as part of the operating model. This role requires a broad range of skills and the ability to step into different roles depending on the size and scope of the projects.
Responsibilities include :
- The candidate must exhibit ability to lead and successfully complete multiple, complex technical projects and create high-level design and architecture of the solution - includes design & deployment infrastructure diagrams.
- Be a self-starter and take ownership of technical solutions from design and architecture perspective for projects, help navigate complex use-cases to provide guidance on fit-for-platform
- Deliver using an Onshore/Offshore model in a matrix org structure
- Gather end user requirements and writing technical documentation
- Provide innovative solutions based on new technologies and latest product features.
- Work closely with application development team to understand the business, capture requirements, identify pain areas, accordingly, propose an ideal solution to grow business.
- Managing pipelines using Terraform scripts to deploy resources
- Provide engineering analysis and support for creating Snowflake accounts and onboarding new projects – ensuring enterprise security/compliance standards are strictly enforced.
- Provide Administrative support closely working with vendor for any environment issues.
- Understand the needs of automation and put forth options for solutions.
- Work with production management and cloud teams to analyze and provide solutions for database related automation and solution
Required Skills and Experience:
- Candidate must have 5+ years of experience working as a Snowflake Data Engineer/lead and 10+ years of experience in Data Analytics, & Integration projects.
- Must have prior experience with end to end implementation of Snowflake cloud data warehouse – on AWS & Azure, optionally on GCP.
- Skills & experience must include deep expertise in Snowflake advanced concepts like setting up resource monitors, RBAC controls, virtual warehouse sizing, query performance tuning, Zero copy clone, time travel, cost governance, and be able to provide guidance on how to use these features
- Should be well versed in in Snowflake - data modelling, ELT using Snowflake SQL, implementing complex stored Procedures and standard DWH and ETL concepts
- Experience in development and management of CI/CD pipelines using GIT repositories and DevOps for Infrastructure-as-Code deployments (terraform, ansible, python, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Snowflake utilities, SnowSQL, SnowPipe, other bigdata migration techniques using scripting (python, etc.) or industry standards tools (golden gate etc.)
- Experience in Data Migration from RDBMS to Snowflake cloud data warehouse
- Deep understanding of relational and optionally some of the industry standard NoSQL data stores, methods and approaches (star and snowflake, dimensional modelling etc.)
- Experience with data security and data access controls and design – be able to implement best practices based on organization policies & requirements, at the same time making it simple for users.
- Experience with AWS and Azure PaaS, data storage and management technologies such as S3 and ADLS
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Must be Proficient in reviewing complex SQL code to tune, troubleshoot & resolve performance challenges in the environment or applications.
- Provide resolution to an extensive range of complicated data pipeline related problems, proactively and as issues surface. Should be able to go wider across infrastructure, platform, & application domains to resolve issues.
- Strong written communication skills. Is effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication.
- Is able to lead devops/automation resources in delivering self-service capabilities
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills. Ability to be open to discussion of potential options.
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of the overall software development life cycle including development, testing and deployment of all application modules
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced development environment
Desirable Skills :
- Good to be Certified Snowflake cloud data warehouse Architect.
- Understanding and working knowledge of Databricks
Salary Range:$120,000 - $202,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.