SVP, Enterprise Data Governance & Strategy
Who we are looking for
Proven, senior executive with broad experience designing and executing enterprise Data programs, including: governance, data architecture, operations, implementations of Data management platforms to support scale and operationalization of governance, enterprise reference data and Domain management, Data transformation programs; Data entitlement; Data SDLC, and business enablement leveraging big data, data science and AI, to support a competitive, data-driven enterprise.
What you will be responsible for
• Execute the Bank’s Enterprise Data strategy across policy, process, initiatives, technology, and platforms.
• Ensure appropriate definition and execution of regulatory-driven programs to ensure timely and satisfactory compliance.
• Execute multi-year data architecture target state through direct investment and by collaborating on transformational business initiatives to advance data target state objectives.
• Implement data governance, quality, lifecycle and privacy controls in tools, code, and processes, including data platforms and tooling (Collibra, Big ID, etc.), Trusted Data Fabric, archiving, deletion, duplication detection.
• Ensure proper architecture and prioritization of enterprise Data Domains and support of Data Domain owners and stakeholders.
• Help identify and prioritize transforming data initiatives and build a program management function to execute programs such as Client 360, Regulatory Reporting, Market Data Mart
• Strengthen partnerships with GTS teams on the cutting edge of big data and data science practice to leverage expertise and promote enterprise progress towards data-driven decision-making
• Manage roadmap of centralized enterprise reference data sources such as Master Data Management and client hierarchies
• Take guidance from and influence GTS Enterprise Architecture target state roadmaps to support strategic enterprise data goals.
What we value
Demonstrated leadership in transformational initiatives; deep experience in enterprise data governance, architecture, and use cases; strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, pragmatic, realistic approach to building steadily toward target state; demonstrated influencing skills. Significant experience in application development preferred. Computer/engineering degree preferred.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
Salary Range:$225,000 - $337,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.