Managing Director, Global Head of Payroll and Time Off
The Global Head of Payroll and Time Off leads a global functional team that is responsible for payroll and time off management for all State Street employees. The Global Head of Payroll and Time Off will collaborate closely with multiple Global Human Resources (GHR) and other stakeholders to deliver timely and accurate payroll and time management based on a best-in-class operating model underpinned by exceptional controls and processes. This role will continuously drive efficiencies and process improvements while actively managing operational risk.
State Street operates in 30 countries around the world and are about 42,000 people strong with a presence in key financial hubs across EMEA, APAC and the Americas. This role manages across multiple geographies and teams requiring the ability to effectively manage a variety of global and local stakeholders. The role sets strategy and oversees all aspects of payroll and time management globally including process design and execution, regular review of vendor relationships, compliance with applicable laws, policies and regulations, and all related governance and controls.
The role will be based in either Boston or New York and manage a global organization with teams located in North America, EMEA and APAC. The role reports to the SVP – Workforce Analytics and HR Infrastructure.
- A proven track record in global payroll and time off management including regulatory requirements, operations, client service and vendor management.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into actions and outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, design and implement improvements in operational execution, governance and controls, and client experience.
- Ability to develop people, financial and technology resource requirements necessary to support goals and objectives.
- Strong people management and career development capabilities.
- Strong presentation and project management skills, attention to detail, and an ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization.
- Expert problem solving, decision making and conflict resolution skills.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) with 15+ years of relevant global payroll / time management experience.
- Advanced leadership and team development skills.
- Advanced risk, compliance and regulatory management skills.
Location of the role:
Boston or New York
Salary Range:$170,000 - $267,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.