Sr. Cloud Platform Security Engineer - Charles River - Vice President
Who we are looking for
Charles River Development is looking for an experienced Cloud Platform Security Engineer/Manager who will harden and monitor the security posture of our SaaS core infrastructure, application platforms, and data platforms. The position is a highly dynamic technical role that will participate in the design, delivery, and oversight of Azure infrastructure with a focus on identifying and addressing risks across multiple security domains.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Cloud Platform Security Manager, you will:
- Implement security-in-depth for cloud applications and data platforms such as Kubernetes, Container Registries, Databases, API Gateways, and other services
- Provide leadership to develop junior engineers and build an internal security practice
- Operationalize security products to improve time-to-detect and time-to-respond metrics
- Collaborate across functions to develop security reference architectures and standards
- Harden network configurations for technologies such as CDNs, API Gateways, Kubernetes Cluster Networks, Next-Gen Firewalls, and Application Firewalls
- Work directly with the SOC to onboard/tune content and coordinate engineering changes
- Lead prototyping activities and conduct comparative analysis of new Azure and 3rd party solutions being considered for adoption
- Balance pragmatism with vision; continually assess the security posture of cloud applications and deliver improvements to the team’s tools, processes and codebase
- Contribute documentation & collaboration site content to drive knowledge sharing
- Ensure that new cloud solutions properly implement security controls as standards dictate
What we value
- Applied expertise in designing/implementing secure platforms for applications and data
- A thorough understanding of multiple security domains and experience deploying complex enterprise solutions in public clouds
- Thorough understanding of both Windows and Linux-based infrastructure
- A passion for learning about emerging technologies and sharing knowledge
- Experience documenting technology standards, operational procedures, and requirements
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or analytical field required, Master’s preferred
- 12+ years of overall experience
- Expert knowledge and experience in industry standard container management platforms
- 8+ years of cloud deployment experience, preferred with Azure
- Demonstrated cloud deployment experience using standard CI/CD pipeline
- Working experience with highly segmented networks in public and private clouds.
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies in Azure or any other cloud platform
- Experience in cloud monitoring using tools like Datadog, ELK stack, Log Analytics, or Splunk
- Excellent communication, documentation and troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
Work experience in multiple public cloud preferred
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: Charles River Development
Salary Range:$110,000 - $185,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.