FX Sales, Vice President (Onsite)
FX Sales Vice President, Onsite
Who we are looking for
This position is part of the Alternatives FX Sales team within SSGM and will have primary responsibility to distribute a diverse range of FX products and research to institutional investors. The role will require developing and maintaining client relationships, providing daily FX coverage, academic research, innovative eFX solutions, and competitive pricing and execution across G10 and EM.
Due to the role requirements this job needs to be performed primarily in the office.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM’s number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients’ portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Manage a portfolio of institutional client FX relationships with a focus on the alternatives segment.
- Prospect new clients and grow the existing franchise by leveraging State Street’s liquidity, research, and technology tools.
- Achieve goals regarding client acquisition, volume of business, and cross sell.
- Collaborate with SSGM trading and strategy to deliver differentiated macro thought leadership.
- Assume responsibility for new business initiatives including working with internal teams on corporate wide initiatives.
- Pursue risk excellence including adhering to procedures, regulations and credit limits.
- Leverage e-FX technology and data to drive effective business growth and trading volumes.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Sophisticated understanding of foreign exchange trading products and the application to asset managers, hedge funds and alternative managers.
- Detailed understanding of the regulatory environment and market structure.
- Long track record of demonstrated commercial orientation covering institutional clients including existing and new business development.
- Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries.
- Self starter, with excellent communication skills.
- History of strong performance and achievement in the sales arena.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BS/BA degree required; Master's degree or CFA preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in FX or related markets
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills and team orientation
- Creativity, intellectual curiosity, and the ability to learn continuously
- Foreign language considered a plus
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$200,000 - $200,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.