Java Application Developer - State Street Global Advisors, AVP
We are looking for a strong hands on Java/Java EE/Spring Developer to help modernize applications and processes in Finance area at State Street Global Advisors. The ideal candidate should have strong experience in Applications Development, Coding and Support and be a technical subject matter expert. The candidate should be familiar with full SDLC cycle and should be able to work with various business teams and co-ordinate with various cross functional teams globally.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
As Application Developer - Java, you will:
- Develop and support applications primarily based in Java
- Take ownership for delivery of assigned tasks
- Co-ordinate with various cross functional teams globally including business analysts, testers, enterprise architects and infrastructure teams
- Create technical specifications and provide subject matter expertise
- Work in Agile environment
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong in Java, Java EE, Spring and other frameworks
- Strong experience in Web applications development
- Experience with Microservices and Rest API
- Familiar with Oracle database and Unix Shell scripting knowledge is a plus
- Familiar with Cloud Computing and AWS experience is a plus.
- Experience with Continuous Development and Integration stack
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Interest in working on new technologies and tools
- Financial services industry experience especially in asset management is a plus
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field is required.
- 3-6 years experience preferred in application development and maintenance
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
Salary Range:$90,000 - $142,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.