Sr System Analyst, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
State Street is looking for a senior system analysts with 10+ years experience for the Alpha and Middle Office Technology Team, a part of Global Technology Services.
The ideal candidate has experience in Financial Services, has supported Front/Middle/Back office business units/clients, and has exposure to Cash Processing. This is someone who has demonstrated success working closely with business units and the software development team. The candidate has excellent analytical and problem solving skills, is a strong data and systems analysts, is creative and self-motivated to deliver on mission critical projects with tight timelines and competing priorities.
What you will be Responsible for
As a Senior Systems Analyst you will
- Provide analysis and input into designs of Alpha and MO Cash solutions to support a rapidly growing business
- Participate in Cash work streams in the context of delivering a Front-to-back solution to clients.
- Work closely with Alpha Business in order to establish and document implementation requirements, support testing and ensure successful client delivery
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in the Cash domains inclusive of all business flows and data sources
- Collaborate and develop relationships with other State Street organizations as part of a broad Alpha program
- Communicate status and escalate through the Implementation Lead and Project Manager
- Connecting process and data flows to technical components.
- Deal with user experience teams and make sure the operational analysis applies to system design.
- Analyzing the system to suit the business capability.
- Ensure the test case scenarios and test cases / feature files connects between the business requirements and the system service.
- Analyze any new requirements or change in requirements and assess the enhancement extent needed.
- Analyze that the integrated systems are in alignment with the application and does not break the eco system for various scenarios.
- Analyze changes to system and articulate impact analysis and risk mitigation.
- Co-ordinate / collaborate with team and stake holders as necessary towards the project and support goals.
- Writing manuals, technical documentation, system operational instructions, etc as necessary.
What we value
- Strong leadership skill, analytical problem-solving skills, quick to learn and adapt
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver, organized, collaborative with excellent communication skills
- Creative, innovative and able to think outside of the box
- Brings a high level of energy with enthusiasm to generate excitement and motivate the tea
- Ability to drive projects from inception to completion.
- Solid technical background and the expertise in the software development lifecycle. Skilled at developing roadmaps and release plans for major releases and minor upgrades. Ability to dive in and troubleshoot application and data issues
- Ability to work in an on-shore/off-shore model working with development teams across continents
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance or related field
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology
- Experience in financial industry working on Front, Middle, Back Office functions. Experience with Cash Management, Accounting, Investment Book of Record is preferred.
- Experience in creating flow charts, data structures and presentation skills.
- Experience or knowledge of being system analyst in current technology stacks. Java / cloud / database based financial/insurance systems preferable.
- Experience in agile delivery & adhering to SDLC processes is required
- Strong team ethics and team player.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) both internally and with vendors.
- Focus and desire to deliver high quality service.
- Ability to work in a high pressured and time sensitive environment
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Salary Range:$90,000 - $142,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.