Application Developer, Assistant Vice President, Hybrid
Who we are looking for
The person in this role will have extensive technical, people and process skillsets that enable us to successfully deliver on this initiative. The position requires a strong background in application architecture and development, a very good understanding of leading IT technologies. The person in this role will be hands-on, will contribute to the development, enhancement and maintenance of platforms as a member of an agile scrum team. This is an opportunity to work within a very strong development team and help to develop challenging new products in the financial space using cutting edge technology.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you will be responsible for
As an Application Developer you will
- Work independently to develop, test, and debug software enhancements and solutions within the business and technical problem domains
- Develop, test, debug, and implement software programs, applications and projects using cloud computing using Java, Spring boot, SQL, Kafka and ReactJS or similar frameworks.
- Designing applications and handling them independently
- Write unit and automation tests to ensure a high-quality end product
- Participate in code reviews
- Actively participate in the agile software development process by adhering to the scrum methodology including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
- Triage production issues by reviewing code and logs as needed and come up with solutions
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Extensive knowledge in REST API (Preferably Jersey API), JSON, XML, Apache POI
- Experience in micro-services architecture and understanding of Cloud Computing is highly desirable
- Professional Java development experience, core Java and Multithreading
- Strong knowledge in UNIX, Shell Scripting, SQL and stored procedure development
- Knowledge of testing and quality assurance methodologies
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree level qualification in a computer or IT related subject
- 5+ years of experience in professional software development
- 5+ years of experience in Java, J2EE, Tomcat, Spring Frameworks
- 4+ years of experience on Kafka topics and ReactJS of similar frameworks
- 2+ years of experience working on cloud-based development on Azure or AWS including Kubernetes and Docker
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner both written and orally
- Be a team player with a positive attitude, enthusiasm, initiative, and self-motivation
- Ability to multi-task, meet aggressive timelines and have strong work ethics
- Experience of working in the financial industry
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Any experience with Enterprise Service Platform is plus
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$100,000 - $160,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.