Senior Software Engineer 2
Title: Senior Software Engineer 2 (Intermediate Level)
Reports To: Team Lead
FLSA Status: Exempt
Contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of the CRD cloud native Alpha platform as a senior member of an agile scrum team. Provide engineering troubleshooting assistance to customer support teams and other development teams within Charles River.
- Work under minimal supervision to analyze, design, develop, test, and debug small to medium software enhancements and solutions within Charles River’s business and technical problem domains
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Managers to turn business requirements of moderate complexity into working and sustainable software
- Participate in the design of product architecture within the team’s scope of responsibility
- Provide thoughtful insight and suggestions in code reviews
- Write unit and automation tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Conduct manual tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Contribute to written design and API documentation, and participate in customer documentation process
- Actively participate in the agile software development process by adhering to the CRD scrum methodology including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
- Participate in cross-team group activities to complete assignments
B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study required. MS degree strongly preferred.
- 4 to 7 years of progressively responsible professional software engineering experience preferably in a financial services product delivery setting
- Experience developing event driven architectures
- Experience in Kafka strongly desired
- Experience developing cloud native services on one the major cloud providers (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience in cloud native development using Java is required
- Knowledge of Kubernetes is desired
- 2 to 5 years of experience in financial services developing solutions for Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, Post-Trade, IBOR or Wealth Management is strongly desired
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented programming, compiler or interpreter technologies, embedded systems, operating systems, relational databases (RDBMS), scripting and new/advanced programming languages
- Able to contribute to design specs with some assistance from senior staff
- Able to work on small to medium projects with little to no supervision and on more complex tasks with moderate oversight
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well with peers in a collaborative team environment
- A minimum of 3 years working with an Agile development methodology strongly desired
May be required on a limited basis.
Salary Range:$100,000 - $160,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.