Senior Backup and Recovery engineer, Vice President, Hybrid
We are seeking a senior storage engineer with security background to join our platform engineering team. This individual will work closely with key infrastructure partner and vendors to help drive solution design and continuous improvement for a data vault solution.
A successful candidate will be a self-driven individual with a solid understanding of enterprise backup, storage area networks, compute platforms, security, audit and strong communication skills.
HYBRID: This role can be performed in a hybrid model.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior storage engineer you will
- Ensure alignment of platform and technical strategies with strategic vision and objectives through research and design
- Evaluate and observe industry trends in support of continuous improvement of recoverability capabilities, and security improvements.
- Act as the focal for audit inquiries for the responsible platforms
- Provide oversight for managed service providers managing the environment
- Review and updated documentation for responsible platforms
- Act as a Level 4 Subject Matter Expert in resolving problems
- Ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the environment
- Work closely with security teams to ensure accurate monitoring and reporting capabilities
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Candidate should be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, is able to learn new technologies quickly and effectively and can meet deadlines
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field preferred, relevant Industry certifications and associates degree acceptable
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting enterprise backup solutions for large financial companies.
- Minimum of two years of experience with Spectrum Protect
- Experience with Cobalt Iron preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with UNIX/Linux system administration
- Experience with storage area networks and fiber channel networks
- Strong understanding of networks and security
- Excellent documentation skills
Salary Range:$120,000 - $202,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.