Senior Storage engineer, Vice President
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a senior storage engineer with focus on Network attached storage (NetApp) to join our platform engineering team. This individual will work closely with key infrastructure partner and vendors to help drive solution design for providing file sharing on prem and in the cloud, cloud file systems solutions, as well as continuous improvement and lifecycle strategy.
A successful candidate will be a self-driven individual with a solid understanding of enterprise storage, Cloud technologies, security, and strong communication skills.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Storage engineer you will
- Ensure alignment of platform and technical strategies with the business vision and objectives through research, design, and architecture of new technologies.
- Evaluate and observe industry trends in support of continuous improvement of recoverability capabilities, including migration to cloud technologies.
- Conduct proof of concept to ensure viability of new products prior to introduction in the environment.
- Work with office of architecture to gain approval for introduction of new solutions and products in the environment.
- Design, document and deliver new solutions and standards to operations team to manage.
- Act as a Level 4 Subject Matter Expert and resolving problems in the B/R environment
- ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of NAS solutions on prem and in the cloud.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Candidate should be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, is able to learn new technologies quickly and effectively and can meet deadlines.
- Ability to independently and with others as this role is global and requires liaison with folks across different time zones.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field preferred, relevant Industry certifications and associate degree acceptable.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience supporting enterprise backup solutions for large financial companies.
- Minimum of 5Yes years of experience with Spectrum Protect, Veritas NetBackup, and Dell Power Protect Data Manager.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux system administration.
- Experience with storage area networks and fiber channel networks.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Experience with deployment of FSx OnTap in AWS
- Experience with SnapLock
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$120,000 - $202,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.