Sr. Business Data Analyst, State Street Global Advisors, Officer
The Sr. Business & Data Analyst will execute data operations and business analysis functions supporting information publishing & data operations initiatives. This includes managing data operations responsibilities such as data monitoring and issue resolution and also defining scope, business requirements, and success criteria for data monitoring projects. This role will be involved in supporting day-to-day data operations activities and also will contribute to project execution, implementation, and testing activities. The individual will collaborate with program stakeholders as well as distributed functional team leaders across data service providers, project management, marketing, business systems analysis, user experience, technical development, and quality assurance.
The Sr. Business & Data Analyst must demonstrate effective communication, problem solving & decision making skills and be proficient in the analysis, definition, communication, assessment, and validation of data and business requirements used for software development. Previous experience working with mutual funds, ETFs, and/or Institutional funds across a range of data domains such as performance, holdings, accounting, pricing, and analytics is required.
• Perform daily data operations tasks and activities
• Analyze, assess, and solicit data and business requirements.
• Explore external and internal data sources covering all domains of investment product periodic and reference data
• Develop and maintain detailed requirements with considerations for scope, success factors/measures, assumptions, constraints, and dependencies.
• Document data sourcing, delivery, and extraction solutions
• Write, communicate, and explain Epics & Stories for Agile Sprints.
• Contribute to development and execution of data quality monitoring program supporting global investment web sites.
• Partner with program sponsors.
• Partner with 3rd Party Software Vendors and Data Vendors as needed.
• Collaborate with functional areas of project teams including Project Management, Product Management, Development, Data Integration, Business Systems Analysis, Quality Assurance, and User Experience.
• Participate in test-plan reviews & execution.
• Document supporting project deliverables including process and training guides.
• Perform other job duties as required.
• 8+ years working experience in the Investment Industry with 5+ years hands on data operations experience. Experience working on data related technology projects a plus.
• Proven ability to effectively manage time and balance priorities across multiple assignments
• Proven analytical skills to interpret business and functional requirements
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Experience with technology projects.
• BS/BA or equivalent required.
• Experience working with globally distributed project teams required.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills and working knowledge of Visio, Powerpoint, and Word
• Proven track record of successfully delivering and executing on data driven projects through all aspects of data operations, business requirements analysis, solicitation, definition, communication, assessment, and validation.
• Familiarity with ETF and/or Mutual Funds product information and data required.
• Experience in following areas is a huge plus –
o Data development/operations in finance institutions
o Performance and Accounting System knowledge and experience
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street Global Advisors State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Salary Range:$65,000 - $102,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.