Mainframe zOS RACF Engineer
The Critical Systems Engineering – Mainframe team has an immediate opening for a z/OS RACF Engineer. This challenging role sets strategy and provides leadership & governance to our service partners including vendors responsible for the delivery of mainframe IT Infrastructure services and works closely with the State Street operational teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing and Maintaining Role Based Schema
- Profiles management and configuration
- Multi-Factor Authentication configuration and integration
- Cryptographic services Enablement and Management
- Integration point/liaison between MF Engineering and Global Security
- Design and manage Automated Security Services
- Integration of RACF with non-RACF SAF products and patterns
- Assisting systems programmers with infrastructure modernization & efficiency and exploitation of new z/OS features/functions where appropriate.
- Change management governance including review of planned changes for impact and timing
- Proven level-4 troubleshooting skills in a global mainframe environment including experience working with the service providers to ensure effective and reliable operations
- Ability to work with application and business teams to understand evolving client requirements and strong ability to explain impact on z/OS
- Ability to direct service providers to improve mainframe security operations & performance
- Proven experience managing a z/OS RACF environment
- Understanding of USS Security and RACF integration
- Understanding of Db2 Internal Security
- Understanding of CICS/MQ Security with RACF
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other technical discipline with a minimum of 10 years’ experience with z/OS infrastructure is required
- Minimum of 5 years of RACF oversight is required.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Familiarity with delivering IT services in a financial service organization is highly desired
- Excellent leadership and exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Salary Range:$110,000 - $185,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.