State Street Global Advisors - Data Intelligence Developer
Who we are looking for
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is looking for a data intelligence developer with skills in data engineering, ETL Pipeline, AI/ML, analytics, and data visualization. The developer should be highly proficient in end to end complex data extracting, loading, and transformation needs along with having the ability to understand business jargons and context of data.
The role demands excellent analytical skills, ability to develop deep understanding of market data, particularly on data sets typical of the Asset Management Industry including Capital Markets with very good understanding of ETF data, some examples include Broker dealer data packs, Model Portfolio platform data, Wirehouses, Registered Independency Advisors (RIAs), Primary and Secondary exchange Market data to name a few.
What you will be responsible for
- A candidate in this role will form part of the Application Technology Services group in SSGA Technology department and will work on supporting the growing needs in the Sales distribution and Capital Markets business areas.
- This officer position is aimed to immediately support the multi-year US Wealth Strategic Program in SSGA.
- The core focus will be to work on projects and initiatives that aim to drive strategic business Insights for our ETF Sales area, generate strong analytics, and deliver to business intelligence reporting needs.
- A solid understanding of data aggregation, data quality, data governance principles is needed along with knowledge and working experience of integration of distributed systems in a large scale enterprise is highly desired.
- Experience of using data Visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI etc. is desirable as several projects will require presentation of data in a way that makes it easy to decipher complex, blended data sets.
- With emerging technology trends like AI and ML, a strong aptitude to adapt to them to deliver on data needs will be required in this role.
- Good interpersonal, managerial, and team player skills are a must have.
- Ensure compliance with timely completion of trainings and mandatory employee reporting obligations.
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence and role model Ethical behavior and decision making as part of our Way Ahead foundation.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
What we value
- Strong team ethics and team player
- Ability to work in an on-shore/off-shore model working with development and business teams across continents.
- The role may also require working with colleagues from different teams, both business and technology globally.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) both internally and with external parties.
- Ability to work in a high pressured and time sensitive environment
- Innovative mindset and aptitude for taking risks with strong ability for finding creative solutions to complex problems.
- You are passionate about acquiring and sharing lessons on data Intelligence.
- You are intellectually curious and love learning new skills and capabilities.
Education & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Data Analytics
- 3+ years of experience in Information Technology with a firm of repute.
- Knowledge on ETFs or Asset Management domain.
- Cloud and / or data certifications in AWS or any other cloud providers
- Experience in agile delivery & adhering to SDLC processes is required
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Application Technology Solutions (ATS), is vital to State Street Global Advisors and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and modernization initiatives and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
Salary Range:$70,000 - $115,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.