State Street Global Advisors - Senior Software Developer-AVP
Who we are looking for
State Street Global Advisors is looking for an application developer with Masters (5+) or Bachelors (8+) years’ experience for our Next-Gen Reporting Platform Team, a part of Application Technology Solutions. This is a hands-on development position for a candidate with proven record of software development and execution excellence.
The candidate has industry experience (preferably in Financial Services) and has exposure to Client Reporting and Publishing systems. This is someone who also has demonstrable no code/low code platform experience and cloud native development experience. The candidate has excellent development and problem-solving skills, someone with creativity and self-motivation to deliver on mission critical projects with tight timelines and competing priorities.
What you will be responsible for
- Design, technical specifications, development, maintenance and support for APIs/microservices, Web-based user interfaces, scheduled and event driven jobs and application integration.
- Leveraging Java, Spring Boot, Python, SQL and shell scripting as core programming languages and frameworks for development.
- Developing new and transforming existing on-prem applications to AWS Cloud.
- Following company guidelines and industry best practices for designing and developing the solutions using AWS services such as EC2, ECS/EKS, S3, RDS-Aurora, EFS, Lambda, SQS, SNS etc.
- Ensuring that all cloud solutions exhibit higher level of cost efficiency, performance, security, scalability and reliability
- Implementing containerized solutions using Docker and deployment to orchestrators such as AWS ECS/EKS, Kubernetes etc.
- Building software, from build system automation to automated deployment, to scale our engineering delivery for cloud native applications in AWS.
- Participating in technical design, application build, configuration, unit testing, and production deployment.
- Providing technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of issues, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners.
- Working with a team of BSA, Development, QA and DevOps engineers in agile framework.
- Anticipating, monitoring, managing and reporting all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities.
- Acting in accordance with Risk Excellence and role model Ethical behavior and decision making as part of our Way Ahead foundation.
What we value
- Must have 3+ years’ experience in hands on Cloud Native application development on AWS cloud platform and services.
- Hands on experience in designing, developing and deploying complex applications.
- Hands on working knowledge of AWS services, such has EC2, S3, Lambda, VPCs, Load balancing, ECS/EKS, networking, health monitoring and troubleshooting using tools like Kibana and Grafana.
- Hands on experience and strong knowledge of Cloud Security in AWS, specifically IAM Roles & Polices, Security Groups and Encryption keys.
- Hands on experience in building systems using modern, scalable, resilient, cloud native architectures (Containers, Serverless, etc.).
- Hands on experience in application development using Java, JEE, REST API, Web Services, Microservices.
- Hands on experience with event driven architectures and messaging services such as SQS, SNS, Kafka etc.
- Hands on experience with SQL and databases such as PostGreSQL, Oracle etc. and AWS RDS.
- Experience with workflow tools, rules engines/processing, NoSQL databases, RedShift is a plus.
- Experience with event based, micro-batch and batched high volume and high velocity transaction and data processing system.
- Experience with some data streaming technology is a plus.
- Proficiency with CI/CD tools and DevOps.
- Ability to work in an on-shore/off-shore model working with development teams across continents
- Finding opportunities to innovate and take thoughtful risks in order to get things done better and faster.
- Effective in an agile environment and deliver value incrementally, particularly when prioritizing against external dependencies.
- Strong, proven technical skills, with a track record of successfully building complex systems.
- Passionate for learning new skills and capabilities.
- Certified AWS Cloud Practitioner is strongly preferred. Higher certifications such as AWS Architect or Developer is a plus.
Education & Qualifications
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Masters with 5+ or Bachelors with 8+ years of experience in Information Technology.
- Experience working on enterprise application architecture and development.
- Experience in Financial Service industry is plus.
- Cloud certifications in AWS or any other cloud providers.
- Experience in agile delivery & adhering to SDLC processes is required.
- Strong team ethics and team player.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) both internally and with vendors.
- Focus and desire to deliver high quality services.
- Ability to work in a high pressured and time sensitive environment.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Application Technology Solutions (ATS), is vital to State Street Global Advisors and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and modernization initiatives and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
Salary Range:$100,000 - $160,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.