Charles River Spring 2024 Co-Op, CRD, Co-Op
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
Software Engineer (Undergrad/Grad)
The Software Engineer Co-op will work directly within one of our product development groups in our engineering team. Our software engineering team is made up of 250+ of the top Software and QA Engineers in the industry. The Co-op will work with one or more specific modules of the product and several instrument types (i.e., equity, fixed income, derivatives, FX, etc.).
The Software Engineer Co-op will assist in developing the user interface (C#) and/or related server side systems (Java) of the Charles River Investment Management System. He/she will also champion quality and be responsible for the verification and validation process for Charles River products. This role promotes growth in technical areas, as well as expertise in the financial market space.
On a day-to-day basis, technical activities will include some of the following:
- Writing programs in Java/C#
- Bug fixing in Java/C#/SQL
- Creating, executing, and monitoring Java unit and automation tests within framework
- Writing and running performance scripts
- Assisting with data mappings for interfaces
- Validating system enhancements, fixes, and user workflows
- Maintaining development and test environments by upgrading and maintaining databases and servers
- Gaining experience in a number of financial areas, including trade order management, portfolio management, fixed income, compliance, equity, derivatives, real time pricing, analytics, etc.
- Enrollment in a Computer Science program at a leading college or university
- Some level of programming skills in Java, C#, SQL, Perl, XML, etc.
- Exposure to some of the following concepts: object oriented programming, software engineering techniques, quality assurance, parallel programming, databases, networking, etc.
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to adapt to change and learn new skills quickly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Any exposure to the financial industry a strong plus but not required
- Flexibility and ability to work in a very fast paced environment
Associate FIX Analyst (Undergrad/Grad)
Working with a Senior FIX Analyst on Algorithmic Interface integration.
- Work with the Lead FIX Analyst responsible for Algorithmic Broker Interface development and testing.
- Learn how the Charles River IMS incorporates Broker specifications for Algorithmic trading into the front-end trading blotter and allows traders to access a particular broker’s algorithmic strategies directly.
- Learn and use the Charles River IMS to test and certify individual Algo packs directly with the brokers in a UAT environment and get them ready for sign-off and production deployment.
- Learn how the Broker Algorithmic specifications are turned into working Charles River FIX Placement screens using custom tools in conjunction with Charles River IMS functionality.
- MIS degree/Bachelors in CS and/or Finance concentration
- Basic SQL and Excel skills
- Any HTML experience is a bonus
UI/UX Visual Designer (Undergrad/Grad)
- Develop visual language within current product set
- Iconography for desktop, web, and mobile applications
- Layout of visual design optimization for data dense displays
- Assisting in producing conceptual designs
- Work with interaction designers and product management
- Communicate design options
- Previous experience with Adobe Fireworks, Adobe Illustrator, or Sencha Application Development Software
- Relevant Internship Experience
- Detail-orientated and the ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Problem solving skills and ability to propose and implement solutions
IT Associate (Undergrad)
The IT Associate Co-op will work directly within our Information Technologies team. He/she will participate in many technical activities related to software, hardware and/or telecommunication issues.
- Offer 1st level support to Charles River internal/remote employees for software, hardware and telecommunications related issues
- Install and configure end user laptop and desktop systems
- Participate in hardware and software troubleshooting as needed
- Troubleshoot Windows 7 and Microsoft Office applications
- Assist with end user networking issues, printer setup, and mobile devices
- Troubleshoot issues
- All majors will be considered
- Some level of computer support skills: Windows 7, Office, diagnosing/repairing hardware issues and software issues
- Exposure to some of the following concepts: IP networks, networking, and printing
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to ramp up quickly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a very fast paced environment
Financial Analyst (Undergrad/Grad)
The Financial Analyst Coop assists with financial forecasting and strategic analysis for Charles River Development, an award-winning provider of innovative technology systems and services to over 250 investment firms in the global institutional, mutual fund, banking, hedge fund, wealth management, insurance, and pension industries. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Finance, this role will be responsible for revenue, expense and capital purchasing analysis. In addition, this position will play a key role in evaluating new initiatives, managing the annual budget process, and developing short and long-term forecasting capabilities. This is a high visibility position that will interact with senior management on a regular basis and offer opportunities to grow.
- Support of the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes, including detailed analytics and financial recommendations related to the assumption and goal setting process.
- Logically structure complex issues and communicate conclusions and alternatives.
- Develop financial models and scenario analysis to substantiate recommendations.
- Research large amounts of data that requires consolidation to allow business case analysis.
- Meet financial planning needs in a timely and accurate manner; provide monthly, quarterly and year-end corporate reporting and analysis.
- Provide other ad hoc analysis as required.
Salary Range:$15,600 - $58,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.