State Street Global Advisors, Senior Client Reporting Transformation Lead, Vice President
The Senior Client Reporting Transformation Lead will provide project leadership, application domain expertise, management, and partnership engagement for large, complex and strategic client reporting and data publishing initiatives as part of a Global Information Publishing Team within Investment Operations. This includes application and infrastructure development projects. The Senior Client Reporting Transformation Lead will collaborate with project sponsors, partners, external vendors and other divisions within State Street to ensure delivery of quality products within expected timeframes and budgets, while working under minimal direction and keeping senior management apprised of issues and project status.
- Solution Vision & Execution – Play a critical role in vision, roadmap, and execution of a new client and product reporting system integrating with a large number of applications covering data domains such as performance, accounting, holdings, attribution, portfolio characteristics, and other information. Implement new operating model in concert with technology deployment.
- Planning Facilitation – Assist in defining project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; track project metrics to allow for the creation and consumption of needed reporting.
- Program Team Facilitation – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work
- Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner by contributing client/product reporting project experience & expertise, managing expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement effective project governance.
- Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined agile project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for agile project management.
- Team building – Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making meaningful contributions. Encourage a sustainable pace while maintaining high-levels of quality. Champion collaborative behavior and help to maintain a high level of morale. Foster a close working relationship with and among team members with various cultural backgrounds and experience to minimize friction and increase understanding.
- Manage complex projects from initiation, planning and design through implementation. Drive the planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions. Ensure system solutions meet user requirements.
- Collaborate with functional areas of project teams including Product Management, Development, Data Integration, Business Systems Analysis, Quality Assurance, Data Suppliers, and User Experience.
- Effectively communicate objectives, initiatives, issues and resolutions; prioritize, define, implement and deliver technology solutions.
- Create and manage detailed project plans, work assignments, target dates, issues and other aspects of assigned projects.
- Produce program, project, and service level status reports.
- Lead senior level program management meetings.
- Partner with 3rd Party Software and Data Vendors.
- Develop, implement and enforce best practices and operating standards.
BS/BA degree or equivalent required.
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex software project implementations.
- 10+ years working experience in the Investment Industry.
- 5+ years relevant work experience.
- Direct experience managing global client and product reporting projects and associated deliverables in the Institutional asset management industry.
- Experience in a combined business, operations and technology environment within the Financial Services industry, or relevant systems and data integration experience.
- Deep understanding of Mutual Funds, ETFs, and Institutional funds across a range of data domains including performance, holdings, accounting, pricing, and analytics.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization. Able to deliver both good and bad messages to a wide variety of audiences both locally and off-shore.
- Desired experience with third party vendors and their integration with business applications.
- Experience working with globally distributed project teams.
- Expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Significant experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred.
- Extensive experience with an industry recognized collaborative software development tool. Examples include JIRA and/or IBM Rational Team Concert.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture”.
- In-depth understanding of software development life cycle models.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
Salary Range:$110,000 - $185,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.