Senior Software Developer, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
This lead developer/analyst position is within the State Street Custody application services. The position will entail managing multiple world wide project teams through the development life cycle on projects related to Trade processing, Income, & Corporate Actions. The primary role would be to lead projects from initial scope through the requirements and functional specification phases through the development, testing and deployment phases. Ensuring accurate deliveries to our production environments. Position is located in the Boston area and will be working with teams located through Europe and Asia.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Software Developer/Analyst you will
- Lead technical design for the team on complex custody development projects
- Take on senior level coding assignments
- Lead and facilitate team code reviews for complex changes and peer reviews for all changes
- Lead team coding assignments through SDLC from design/requirements through testing and deployment
- Ability to tackle complex coding assignments from Business Requirements (Stories) with minor guidance from senior managers
- Able to handle complex code logic using DB2 / CICS native coding techniques
- Willing to learn and master multiple environment communications using MQ, sFTP, Kafka and other communication software
- Highly proficient in DB2 query monitoring tools (Data Studio, Spufi, Toad)
- Highly proficient in Mainframe coding language COBOL/PL1
- Strong leadership skill, analytical problem-solving skills, quick to learn and adapt
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver, organized, collaborative with excellent communication skills
- 8+ Years of application development experience in financial services with hands on designing, developing and deploying complex applications. Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements in a technical design and through to implementation.
- Coding for application, data processing, messaging, infra as a code, deployment, etc.
- Experience with event driven architectures, messaging and MQ/Kafka.
- Experience with event based, batched high volume and high velocity transaction and data processing system (CICS).
- Experience with workflow tools and rules engines/processing is a plus
- Ability to work in an on-shore/off-shore model working with development teams across continents
- Use coding standard, secured application development, documentation, release and configuration management and expertise in CI/CD.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong critical thinking
- Ability to manage large scale, multi-location projects
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Team player
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 10+ years experience
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$100,000 - $160,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.