Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Who we are looking for
State Street is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer with 4+ years’ experience for the Alpha and Middle Office Technology Team, which is part of Global Technology Services. This is a hands-on Testing role for a candidate with a proven record of financial applications testing, automation and execution excellence.
The candidate has experience in Financial Services, has supported Front/Middle/Back-office business units/clients, and has exposure to Workflow and Cash Processing. This is someone who has demonstrable experience in testing, Automation using BDD Framework. The candidate should have excellent skills in designing automation Framework and problem-solving skills, someone with creativity and self-motivation to deliver on mission critical projects with tight timelines and competing priorities.
What you will be responsible for
- Demonstrate expertise in Core Java (Intermediate/Expert), BDD Framework, Design Framework, Selenium, Cucumber, complex manual test cases and reporting.
- Exceptionally Strong SQL writing skills for Database Testing to ensure data integrity, validating database consistency and verifying accurate transaction
- Provide Source to Target data validation for ETL, tables and feed files as per business requirements
- Ability to lead multiple applications and multiple testing teams
- Excellent Communication, Time Management, Reporting and Analytical Skills
- Experience testing applications in cloud native platforms
- Participate in scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment.
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of issues, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners.
- Work with Development team, QA and DevOps engineers and Product owners in an agile room.
- Document and interact with business and technology stake holders/team members as necessary.
- Experience in Jenkins, Git and any one antifactory tool. Bring in Continuous deployment practices to enhance our Agile posture to use CI and CD for the next disruptive data analytics platform in the cloud.
What we value
- Strong hands-on, leadership skill, analytical problem-solving skills, quick to learn and adapt
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver, organized, collaborative with excellent communication skills
- Application testing experience in financial services with hands on designing, testing complex applications leading into zero/minimum prod issues. Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into test
- 3-4 years’ experience in automation, Core Java (Intermediate/Expert), BDD Framework, Design Framework, Selenium, Cucumber, complex manual test cases and reporting. Certifications in the test suites is a plus
- Strong SQL writing skills for Database Testing to ensure data integrity, validating database consistency and verifying accurate transaction
- Experience with workflow tools and rules engines/processing is a plus
- Ability to work in an on-shore/off-shore model working with development teams across continents
- Use coding standard for automation testing, documentation, release and configuration management and expertise in CI/CD.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Masters or B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Information Technology, Quality Assurance Testing and Automation
- Experience in financial industry working on Front, Middle, Back Office functions. Experience with Investment Book of Record is preferred.
- Experience in agile delivery & adhering to SDLC processes is required
- Strong team ethics and team player.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) both internally and with vendors.
- Focus and desire to deliver high quality service.
- Ability to work in a high pressured and time sensitive environment
- Knowledge in Appian or BPM tools is a plus
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Salary Range:$65,000 - $102,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.