State Street Global Advisors - Senior Portfolio Management, ISG, VP
Senior Portfolio Manager
This position is for a Senior Portfolio Manager with State Street’s Investment Solutions Group (ISG), our multi-asset class investment team. For more than three decades, ISG has developed asset class-spanning products and services aimed at helping our clients realize their diverse goals. Our team is global with offices in Boston, London, Sydney and 7 other investment centers around the world. We value people who are highly self-motivated with the ability to execute independently but who are equally able to collaborate and work well in a team.
The Senior Portfolio Manager is a key role within SSGA’s Investment Solutions Group (ISG) and will be focused on building and managing asset allocation investment strategies for the US wealth management marketplace. In this capacity, the Senior Portfolio Manager plays an integral role for the team in terms of portfolio construction and design, delivering on performance objectives and interacting with clients and prospects. Additionally, the individual will actively participate in the team’s ongoing research efforts, process improvement and product development – particularly for customized model portfolio opportunities.
The successful candidate will have hands on experience in portfolio management, a passion for the capital markets, and strong communication skills. Experience in the US wealth market, tax efficient portfolios, income investing and/or model portfolios would be differentiators.
- Multi-asset class portfolio management including setting strategic and tactical asset allocation policy, selection of best in class investment vehicles from an open-architecture line-up and allocating across both active and index investment strategies
- Contributions to thought leadership efforts that highlight ISG’s market insights and research relevant to the US Wealth market
- Client engagement both in maintaining and driving new business requiring excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience interacting with clients, prospects and gatekeepers in the model portfolio industry
- Active participation in ongoing research efforts, process improvement, and product development
- 10 plus years of investment experience
- BA/BS required. Advanced Degree / CFA / CAIA / CFP, or progress towards, is strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of portfolio construction, risk management, and quantitative investment methods
- Familiarity with optimization tools and financial software (e.g. FactSet, Bloomberg, Axioma, PORT)
- Well-developed presentation and business writing skills
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to execute independently yet also maintain a strong team orientation, proactive thinker with a desire to continue to learn and grow professionally
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
Salary Range:$110,000 - $185,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.