Cloud Solution Platform Lead, AVP - State Street Global Advisor
Who we are looking for
A Cloud Solution Platform Lead, AVP to drive programs that involve cross-organizational and strategic initiatives. This is a mid-scale, multi-year program which will support Cloud migration strategy focused on Technology Modernization.
It is essential you have strong application development lifecycle experience, understanding of Modern Technology stack, database and application performance diagnosis, distributed computing and strong end-to-end program working with a mid-portfolios of projects that support a complex organizational environment.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Cloud Solution Platform Lead, AVP you will
- You will be working with Data/Application teams, Cloud Platform Architects, platform engineering, infrastructure.
- You will help implement Data/Application Modernization migration and strategies.
- You will lead Development span across global development locations, by understanding current state challenges, help establish a well-considered roadmap.
- You help identify creative solutions for technical Challenges.
- You will manage conflicts with multiple stakeholders while keeping the project goals in focus.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Prior experience migrating application workloads on a cloud provider (AWS, Azure, Databricks) in financial services would be a plus
- 1-2 Certifications on the appropriate any cloud provider ( e.g,. AWS, Databricks, Azure ) would be a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to diplomatically and effectively manage issues across functional teams
- Successful candidate should be enthusiastic, keen to be part of a growing team
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field (e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required
- 10+ years of data solution architecture, design and development delivery experience
- 2+ years of Cloud data architecture and solutions
- 5+ years of Architecture/Development experience as technical lead
- Excellent knowledge on Public Cloud tech stack, experience in designing, deploying, and supporting enterprise workloads to the cloud
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud Native technologies like Microservices, Containerization and Container Orchestration
- 5+ years of experience in relational (Oracle and PostgreSQL are desirable), NoSQL, and data warehouse technologies and in-memory databases
- Prior working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
- Solid experience in Agile methodologies (Scrum and Kanban)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Salary Range:$100,000 - $160,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.