Technology Risk, Assistant Vice President-2
Who we are looking for
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation. We are looking for an experienced Controls Assurance resource to help maintain and mature our Technology Risk Management Programs.
What you will be responsible for
As Technology Risk, Assistant Vice President you will:
- Evaluating and testing the design and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Completion of control assessment workpapers in compliance with corporate methodology.
- Lead initiatives relative to controls identification, controls writing, optimization and assurance.
- Execute control testing, raising observations for formal management review.
- Identifying opportunities in process, implementing efficiencies and strengthening the control environment by leveraging both risk management and technology knowledge.
- Provide transparency into work progress through regular status updates.
- Help drive maturity of assurance practices through training, mentoring and collaboration.
- Staying abreast of industry developments including but not limited to changes in regulations.
- Developing overall product / business unit knowledge of State Street Corporation over time.
- Coordinating or leading various ad-hoc requests, projects.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Candidate has experience managing small to medium initiatives
- Candidate is able to effectively balance multiple tasks
- Candidate is able to work both collaboratively and independently
- Aptitude for learning new and complex environments, processes, and technologies
- Excellent written and spoken communication & collaboration skills
- Self-learning and training to ensure skills and knowledge are in line with responsibilities
- Knowledge of IT frameworks such as NIST, ISO, COBIT, ITIL a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including data analytics in Excel and/or Access
- Experience with IT GRC platforms (Archer)
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, Risk Management or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Candidate has a minimum of 5+ years of experience with IT risk, audit or technology operations
- Professional designation a plus (e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC).
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Salary Range:$90,000 - $142,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.