Head of Global Information Technology Audit
Who we are looking for
The Head of Corporate Audit for Information Technology provides leadership in establishing, directing, and executing the strategy for Corporate Audit’s activities related to Global Technology Services. With a continuous improvement mindset and as a member of the global Corporate Audit Management Committee, the Head of Corporate Audit, IT influences, collaborates and partners with Corporate Audit peers in the development of the global Corporate Audit strategy and methodology in line with industry practices, professional standards, and regulatory requirements
The Head of our IT Audit leads the infrastructure, cyber, and horizontal IT audit functions. This role will be based in our Boston office 4 days a week and report into our Chief Auditor.
Why this role is important to us
Corporate Audit independently assesses the effectiveness of the internal control environment, proactively advises on risk management and influences the organization’s culture of risk excellence.
What you will be responsible for
- Setting the strategy for all IT infrastructure, cyber and business IT risk coverage and audits globally.
- Building out continuous auditing processes including the use of data analytics.
- Collaborating closely with global peers for business and legal entity audits.
- Advising the General Auditor and the E&A committee of the board on Technology risks.
- Maintaining key relationships with stakeholders across the organization, including the CIO, CISO, CTO, and others.
- Manage, Build and develop a diverse global team of auditors to provide expert advice and assurance on technology risks, incl. cyber risks and threats.
- Ensuring that the IT audit function is well integrated with the overall audit program.
- Communicating audit findings and recommendations effectively to the banks leadership team.
- Monitoring and track progress on audit findings and recommendations.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in for technology risk and controls frameworks, e.g. NIST, and apply them effectively in audits work.
- Developing credible and strong working relationships with key regulators and communicating audit strategy and results effectively.
- Participate as an active non-voting member of various governance and risk committees, management steering committees, promoting balanced discussions, and encouraging challenge and debate.
- Establishing and maintaining strong working closely partnerships with peers while leading business and legal entity audits globally
- Role model behavior in cross-cultural awareness and ability to connect with colleagues globally in establishing and maintaining a collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- Responsible for driving transformation and continuous improvement in Corporate Audit practices, processes operational activities
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Demonstrated understanding of Technology risk management including qualitative and quantitative assessments, IT and data processes and controls, global industry standards, strong knowledge of industry leading frameworks, and emerging risks.
- Expertise in evaluating cyber security, cyber resiliency and cyber maturity and the ability to develop and implement effective audit coverage strategies.
- Strong knowledge of Cyber and Cloud technologies and tools and the ability to assess associated risks, including data driven monitoring or penetration test approaches.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills at both the executive and board level with the ability to translate technology risk language into business terminology
- Expertise in developing and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders, including board members, senior executives/management and team members
- Strong execution skills and experience leading a global team in large scale project management activities
- Highly organized with extensive analytical, problem-solving, influence and negotiation skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of 20 years of experience in Infrastructure, Cyber, IT risk management, or consulting, with at least 10 years of experience in IT audit or assurance lead roles
- A minimum of 15 years of audit experience in a large, global financial services firm
- 10+ years of experience in leading global teams and board facing responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- CISSP, CISA, or CISM are highly preferred.
Salary Range:$225,000 - $337,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.