Product Specialist - Charles River - Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
Provide operational/application support to CRD customers and internal business functions to minimize the adverse impact of incidents and problems on the customer and prevent reoccurrences of issues.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Product Specialist you will:
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone, email or video conferencing
- Diagnose software issues and recommend the appropriate solution.
- Analyze problems, answer questions and provide training related to the software.
- Identify and test workarounds for bugs or deficiencies in the software.
- Research issues dealing with third party software.
- Follow a standard set of procedures and methods when responding to customer requests or inquiries.
- Conduct research on questions and issues using available information resources and other product specialists.
- Contribute to the continuous enhancement and improvement of support processes and methods.
- Successfully handle “sensitive” issue related situations that affect the perception of how CRD resolves customer problems.
- Manage special projects as required.
- Keep a detailed log of all customer interactions and prepare resolution reports for issues reported by the customer.
What we value
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with great attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate independently – achieving results without close supervision – while also operating as part of the larger Support team.
- Demonstrated practical, hands-on, ‘can do’ approach, able to work efficiently and creatively, effectively managing changing priorities and deadlines.
Education and Preferred Qualifications:
- 5+ years overall work experience in the world of Investment Management software or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Financial Engineering, Mathematics, or related field required, Master’s preferred.
- Thorough understanding of Trade Life Cycle and System Development Life Cycle
- Experience in the Charles River application or any Order Management and Execution Management Systems is preferred
- Prior trading support, Middle and Back Office Operations, Fund Accounting or Trading experience is highly preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of Fixed Income, Derivative and Equity financial instruments
- Prior experience of interacting with Portfolio Managers, Traders, Brokers is preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, written and oral; confident in interaction with senior stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills including process analysis. Very strong interest in the underlying detail of the analysis is a must.
- Demonstrate excellent process and project management skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, balance key tasks and manage time effectively.
- Comfortable facilitating project working groups and possesses strong data gathering skills.
- Must be customer driven, have the ability to work within a team environment, and be focused on providing a high quality of service to the customer.
- Good understanding of SQL
- Working in the Eastern standard time zone is a must as this role is to help US Clients.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Salary Range:$90,000 - $142,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.