Head of Transition Management and Trade Strategy, Managing Director (onsite)
Who we are looking for
The Head of Transition Management and Trade Strategy is responsible for the oversight, development and implementation of State Street’s Transition Management services and Portfolio Solutions’ multi-asset trade strategy capabilities.
The Portfolio Solutions Group (PSG) is one of four primary vertical business lines within State Street Global Markets, delivering agency solutions including: Transition Management, Agency Brokerage, Outsourced Trading and Currency Management. The successful candidate will report to the Global Head of Portfolio Solutions and join the Portfolio Solutions Executive Management Group (EMG).
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets have financing, liquidity and research needs, they turn to SSGM. SSGM’s number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients’ portfolio values by delivering unique technology, trading and workflow solutions.
What you will be responsible for:
As the Head of Transition Management and Trade Strategy you will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing strategic initiatives in relation to the Transition Management service
- Oversight of transition mandate acquisition and implementation
- Developing operational processes and controls to enhance risk management
- Collaborating with State Street business and sales leads globally to maximize Transition Management product placement and distribution
- Developing PSG’s trade strategy platform with a mix of home-grown and vended solutions (including TCA)
- Fostering consultative relationships with institutional investors and their advisors / consultants
- Active contributions to the decision-making process within the Portfolio Solutions management team
- Cultivating and strengthening our talent by ensuring appropriate training to assist with meeting their core job expectations. Strengthen our talent through increased diversity, mobility and promotion of employee engagement
Skills and Experience
- Experience in managing staff and strategic projects globally
- Deep understanding of securities and FX markets
- Analytical skillset with the ability to work with large data sets
- Proven track record in partnering with institutional investors for securities-related activity
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in finance, mathematics or technical discipline required
- Graduate degree in finance, mathematics or technical discipline preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in securities trading, transition management, or related field
- CFA designation preferred but not required
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 required, FINRA Series 24, 3 preferred (or to be acquired immediately)
- Travel as required for both internal management and client purposes
Salary Range:$235,000 - $246,250 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.