Senior Developer- State Street Global Advisors
Who we are looking for
We are currently seeking a senior developer for our GA Integrations team. The GA Integrations team delivers small to medium size systems integrations for our GA business partners in the Trading, Compliance, and Fixed Income business lines.
As a member of the team you’ll be responsible for designing, developing, testing, deploying, and supporting against new and existing application integrations. The role will sometimes require you to work as an individual contributor and other times partnering with others on the scrum team. The scrum team consists of members both in Boston and India (Bangalore).
The successful candidate will have strong business and technology acumen, build partnerships, foster close collaboration and work well within a small team. The candidate must possess an inherent understanding of technologies, relationships between technology, data, operations, and business areas.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors (SSGA), one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are ready to take on.
What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Developer within the organization working on systems integrations, you will
- Ongoing enhancements and maintenance of an internally developed very small integrations related to trading, compliance, regulatory, fixed income business functions.
- Taking direction for project deliverables from senior level developers on the team.
- Technical support for application functionality related to reported issues and business queries.
- Working some hours over the weekend to support patching that requires checkout of our integrations.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- People skills – Works will with others in a small team
- Detailed knowledge of the Asset Management or Investment Management industry and data
- Excellent communication skills (oral/written) and confidence in dealing with all levels of the organization
- An outstanding attitude towards cross team collaboration
- In-depth knowledge of Scrum and Agile Software Development Methodology
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Experience working with globally dispersed teams (Boston, India) in a hybrid (in office/out of office) working environment
- Good knowledge of software development and other relevant technologies
Technology and Knowledge Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience primarily in Java and Oracle PL/SQL development
- Good at designing and developing solutions/services using Rest/Microservice patterns
- Unix Scripting
- Understanding of Sybase and Perl a plus
- Experience with job scheduling software such as Autosys and ServiceNow a plus
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related fields
- Financial Services background, including investment or asset management
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Salary Range:$90,000 - $142,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.