Head of Client Management - Alternative Asset Manager, Managing Director
Who we are looking for
The Financing Solutions Head of Client Management for US Alternative Asset Managers position requires skills in areas such as:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the short-term investment and financing markets
- In addition to Financing Solutions products, familiarity with complementary products such as Deposit Solutions, Global Credit Financing, Foreign Exchange, Equity Execution & Custody/Asset Servicing is important
- Experience managing a team of client management professionals, utilizing comprehensive account plans to ensure the following:
- Relevant Financing Solutions, Global Markets and Asset Servicing relationship history and associated revenues, margins, and consumption of financial resources are documented
- Prescriptive calling plan in place to regularly engage clients’ front office with a range of STT subject matter experts, consistently demonstrating our value proposition
- Strategic financing counterparty, trust bank with differentiated source of funding and variety of capital markets capabilities
- Increased focus on engaging clients on benefits of capital efficient trade structures through optimization of collateral, margin, pricing and sizing of business. Such strategies include expansion of Direct Access, repledge and self-financing in conjunction with margin/pricing enhancement.
- Proactive engagement with clients to put market events or impactful trades in perspective, update on impact of regulatory changes, and assess service sentiment
- Consistent awareness of other client financing relationships with focus on increasing our share wallet
- Pursuing targeted goals to expand breadth of Financing Solutions and overall Global Markets relationship; maintain discipline with associated SalesForce records
- Ability to continuously educate assigned team on sales and financial resource management strategy, product differentiators, product development efforts and relevant industry trends applicable to Alternative Asset Managers, ensuring consistently engaging and informative interactions with clients
- Closely partner with Financing Solutions Client Service Team to effectively manage:
- Onboarding, trade settlement/corporate action inquiries, reporting, system access requests, audit requests, margin and billing inquiries
- History of successfully collaborating with client-facing teams enterprise-wide, displaying an ability to coordinate servicing efforts, re-bids, expansion of existing revenue footprint, educate on offerings and establish customized cross-product solutions
- Active presence at industry conferences and STT led symposiums with a focus on promoting thought leadership to prospective and existing clients and consultant community.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities financing and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to the SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM’s number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients’ portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Financing Solutions Head of Client Management for US Alternative Asset Managers you will:
- Drive sales growth from both existing and prospective clients across the holistic Financing Solutions product suite, inclusive of Agency Lending, Prime Services and Repo solutions
- Deliver highly valued solutions to clients, ensuring comprehensive and consistent delivery of services as their needs evolve
- Ensure client expectations are met and within parameters established by the clients.
- Ensure State Street delivers a world class product offering as measured by market share capture rate, client satisfaction scores and various industry rankings
- Be an active participant within a culture that encourages innovation, collaboration and diversity of thought and workforce.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Proven track record of developing and leading a highly motivated and successful client facing organization
- Outcome driven influencer:
- Strong strategic planning and presentation skills
- Highly organized and experience shaping and differentiating brand and product offering on a global scale
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of Securities Lending/Prime Brokerage/Repo experience
- At least 10 years of client-facing experience
- Experience managing and developing a global team of at least 5+ staff members.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, leader, with demonstrated ability to drive revenue growth, client satisfaction and employee engagement scores.
- Strong sense of client ownership and responsibility
- Ability to build trust and relationships with clients, peers, staff and support partners essential
- Proven ability to attract and retain a highly skilled and diversity workforce is a key differentiator
- Ability to problem solve while staying calm amidst ever changing and volatile market and credit conditions
- MBA, CFA or in progress towards is preferred
- Travel up to 50% may be required.
- Role is preferably based in Boston but will consider New Jersey/Greater New York Area.
Salary Range:$170,000 - $267,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.