Quantitative Analyst, Officer
Who we are looking for
The Centralized Modeling & Analytics (CMA) team within State Street’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) organization is looking for a quantitative analyst to join our team in Boston, MA.
The CMA organization provides analytics based services and solutions to business units across State Street. Our mission is to create value through data driven solutions enabling State Street and our business partners to make timely and informed decisions.
Why this role is important to us and What you will be responsible for
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. This position is considered a key contributor to realization of the Centralized Modeling and Analytics group’s mission of providing modeling and analytics solutions to business units, including Securities Finance, FX Sales & Trading, Funding and Collateral Transformation ("FaCT"), and banking book. The Officer will work with AVP to contribute to the establishment and maintenance of best practices and governance policies pertaining to report compilation, data integrity, and distribution, and to comply with audit, compliance, and regulatory requirements. Ideal candidates will have strong analytical aptitude and attention to detail; be able to investigate and resolve complex data issues; thrive in a team environment; strong computer programming and data mining skills; and basic knowledge of the fixed income market.
· Be familiar with credit risk related regulatory capital calculation requirements
· Collaborate with team members to design, develop, and implement reporting in a sustainable and strategic manner
· Ensure the accuracy and timely preparation of reports
· Be able to identify problems and limitations, propose solutions or proactively address them directly
· Develop good working relationships with colleagues within CMA, CGM and ERM, SSGM and other business units, support functions (e.g., operations, assurance functions) and technology
· Contribute to risk and/or regulatory projects as required; independently driving forward assigned tasks
· Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills that promote effective working relationships in a team-oriented environment
· Design and implement suitable and effective model ongoing monitoring plan including performance metrics, thresholds, and escalation plan
· Work in close partnership with control functions such as Model Governance, Audit, and Financial Regulatory Assurance to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure
· Collaborate with business users and IT partners to establish appropriate production processes within the IT infrastructure
· Timely execute CCAR deliverables
· Support regular BAU risk management activities and proactively resolve issues
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to articulate ideas, analysis and complex concepts effectively to broad audiences
· A demonstrated ability to work independently on complex projects as well as the ability to be a team player in a fast-paced, high-energy level environment
· Competence and confidence to gain credibility and collaborate for success across the organization
· Demonstrated knowledge of securities finance, asset pricing/modeling, and risk analytics
· 1+ years (school projects included) of advanced programming skills in statistical programming environment – SQL, R and SAS.
· Masters’ in a quantitative discipline (Financial Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field)
· Self-motivated and attention to details
· 1+ years of working experience in financial modeling field
· 1+ years working experience of advanced programming skills in statistical programming environment – SQL, R and SAS
· Familiarity with CCAR regulatory frameworks and the corresponding requirements
· PhD in a quantitative discipline (Financial Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field) and experience in machine learning
Salary Range:$70,000 - $115,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.