Technology Modernization Strategy Solution Architect, VP
What we are looking for:
Technical contributor to the creation of execution of a technology modernization strategy. The ideal candidate will know several software development languages and be able to translate abstract concepts to technical outcomes.
Why this job is important to us:
State Street is on a multi-year journey to enhance or technology landscape by adopting modern tools and leveraging modern hosting solutions such as the public clouds. This job will directly impact how the development community creates software that enhance our business outcomes.
What you will be responsible for:
- Drive technical excellence by working independently to implement complex software solutions
- Collaborate with the application development community to understand what opportunities exist to create a more productive and satisfying environment.
- Provide thought leadership as it relates to developing solutions leverage modern tools and techniques.
- Write unit and automation tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Actively assist the development community in the adoption and maturation of our agile software development process.
- Plan and coordinate cross-team activities groups to complete assignments
- Advise senior management on technical strategy
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong partnership and relationship building skills
Education and and other qualifications:
- B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study required.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional software engineering experience
- Demonstratable experience with object-oriented programming, compiler or interpreter technologies, embedded systems, operating systems, relational databases (RDBMS), scripting and new/advanced programming languages
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop simple software solutions to business and technical problems of high complexity
- Able to work well with peers in a collaborative team environment
- A minimum of 3 years working with an Agile development methodology
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$140,000 - $222,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.