Data Architect, VP - State Street Global Advisors
Who we are looking for
State Street Global Advisors is seeking an experienced hands-on, dynamic and well connected data architect to join Technology team and lead the design and implementation of large data initiatives.
As a Data Architect you will be responsible for
- End to end data architecture design & implementation including data ingestion, data modeling and data distribution.
- Lead large scale data warehousing projects
- Build data integrations between cloud-based systems
- Manage and mentor a large global team of employees and consultants
- Working closely with business on data strategy, and with enterprise data architecture for setting standards and policies
- Evaluating vendor and new technology to stay competitive
- Generating new ideas to improve efficiency
- Collaborating with wider global teams on key business initiatives
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Extensive experience in building and managing data platform on cloud
- Experience in design and architecture review
- Experience in Banking, Investment data domains
- Strong experience in building data ingestion, data catalog and data analytics framework
- Strong experience in application design and development
- Experience in data virtualization desired
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Innovative and exceptional ability to learn and adopt new technologies
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience in Informatica, AWS, Redshift, Databricks, Tableau, Cognos, Oracle Exadata
Educational & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science, computer engineering
- Degree in Business, CFA certification desired
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
Salary Range:$100,000 - $167,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.