Resiliency Risk Manager, Managing Director
This role will be responsible for resilience support and oversight of multiple Critical Business Services, requiring strong organizational skills, with the ability and agility to execute on multiple projects and initiatives at simultaneously and reports to the Corporate Functions Business Risk Management Executive (CFBRME). An ideal candidate would have experience working with senior managers and stakeholders associated with the various Corporate Functions operations, Bank Funding operations, and/or Global Markets operations, and be experienced in responding in writing and presenting directly to regulatory inquiries.
Why this role is important to us
Operational Resilience is a key part of State Street’s, goals and making sure our staff can continue to operate efficiently and effectively is imperative to the overall success of the company.
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM’s number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients’ portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As the Head of Business Resiliency Risk Management, Managing Director for CF & GM you will:
· Serve as a senior level Resilience Manager, overseeing Business Continuity Director(s) (BCDs) accountable for the various Corporate Functions’ Business Continuity Program (BCP) and crisis management activities. The role may require acting as a BCD as well, and should have experience as such
· Manage an international team covering operations in over 20 countries
· Oversee the day-to-day execution of BCP responsibilities and serve as the escalation point for key issues and risks
· Ensure familiarity with the content of all Enterprise Resilience documents including when major changes / enhancements are made
· Ensure role integration into all other production change / transformation activities such as Enterprise Continuity technology onboarding and off-boarding or Enterprise Continuity program changes
· Present on BCP conformity / risk at relevant first line governance committees; Plan, prepare, and lead executive program sign off meetings
· Input to / create client or regulatory facing materials and / or present at external facing meetings covering Business specific BCP topics such as conformity to program standards and test results
· Engage with EVPs, SVPs, and Global Regulators as required on resilience topics and escalate when appropriate
· Responsible for oversight, strategy, and maintenance of CF and GM Enterprise Service Taxonomy
· Coordinate the response to major operational incidents involving outages, system failures, cyber-attacks, natural and human disasters
· Provide oversight to the Functional Area Lead for the RRP Shared Services program and ensure execution of required controls
· Oversee the day-to-day execution on RRP mappings and reconciliations for CF and GM
· Oversee the Technology Resilience Risk advisory program implemented to ensure CF and GM management are properly advised with regards to their technology risk profile and adherence to the various technology related policies and programs
· Oversee the Intragroup outsourcing program for CF and GM including inventory monitoring, review of Intercompany Agreements between Legal Entities for appropriate services and completeness for record keeping in the Third Party Risk Management system of record
· Review and approve proposals for process or organizational moves across CF and GM to ensure they meet resilience policy and standards
· Oversee the mapping, documentation, maintenance and testing of multiple Critical Business Service, including execution of Alternative Action Plans, incident management, and scenario testing
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong project management skills
· Organized and understand sense of urgency
· Ability to simultaneously focus on multiple high-priority tasks
· Ability to work with a team or independently to drive results and meet deadlines
Education & Preferred Qualifications Desired
· 15+ years Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery Planning and / or Incident Management Experience
· Educational background in Emergency Management, Business Continuity, or other Resilience related subject
· Certified Business Continuity Planner (CBCP), Certified Emergency Manager, or other similar internationally recognized certification
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$160,000 - $250,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.