Public Cloud Architect
Who we are looking for
The State Street Cyber Architecture & Engineering team is looking for a Senior Platform Engineer with a solid Software Engineering background. The Cyber Data Science team delivers models, insights, and tooling to help Cybersecurity teams make faster, more informed decisions as we work to secure State Street’s digital footprint. As a Senior Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for developing automation and software solutions for all the customer teams at State Street in the form of an internal platform, deploying and maintaining our vast infrastructure using IaC tools, integrating new tools and technologies to boost efficiency and meet new challenges, and working with other engineers, architects, and managers to continue innovating in all the cloud efforts of the team.
What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Platform Engineer, you will:
- Develop software solutions for complex application and cloud infrastructure management and eliminate ClickOps
- Build a robust modern platform with a fusion of purpose-made code and industry-standard tools, increasing team effectiveness and eliminating unnecessary toil.
- Develop software tools for deployment, monitoring, alerting and operations automation
- Automate and codify all the infrastructure provider interactions by using Infrastructure as Code to create immutable reproducible deployments and establish best practices to scale it in a maintainable way
- Maintain live services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system
- Implement and manage Security event routing & SIEM platforms using Cribl and Splunk technologies in a hybrid multi cloud environment using CICD processes by developing CloudFormation and Terraform templates
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand data integration requirements and design solutions using CRIBL Log stream and Splunk Take ownership of internal and external SLA’s to meet and exceed expectations and System centric KPIs are continuously monitored.
- Design and build petabyte scale systems for high availability, high throughput, data consistency, security, and end user privacy, defining our next generation of data analytics tooling
- Work alongside the global cybersecurity architecture & engineering leadership to develop and deliver capabilities to support Cyber Data Science initiatives both internally and in partnership with detection and response teams, and governance and risk management teams across our CISO organization.
- Mentor other engineers and promote software engineering best practices across the organization designing systems with monitoring, auditing, reliability, and security at their core.
- Come up with solutions for scaling data systems for various business needs and collaborate in a dynamic and consultative environment.
What we value
- 6+ years of production Software Engineering experience in a collaborative environment and multiple source code bases
- Minimum 6+ years of production engineering and management (deployment, release, maintenance, migration) using DevOps toolset and methodologies
- Strong expertise in operation and workflow automation using tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Production experience in the design and implementation of Infrastructure as Code using Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi, AWS CDK or similar tools
- Deep understanding of CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Drone CI, Spinnaker, Argo CD, etc.) and methodology, production experience in designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines with a focus on helping teams release frequently to production while maintaining deployment reliability
- Medium to large-scale production infrastructure management experience with at least one of the major cloud providers - AWS, GCP, Azure
- Understanding of core cloud security principles, experience in securing cloud platforms
- Ability to troubleshoot and measure the performance of complex cloud environments
- Strong understanding of Linux fundamentals (networking, filesystems, kernel, isolation)
- Understanding and practical application of KISS, DRY, and SOLID software engineering principles
- Expert knowledge and practical experience in using and developing for Docker and Kubernetes ecosystems (Helm, Istio, Linkerd, etc.)
- Expertise in DevOps, DevSecOps and emergent experience with DataSecOps and Data Governance practices — deep experience with managing and scaling container-based infrastructure-as-code technologies from the CNCF and related orbits.
- Ability to transform business requirements into production-ready software components
- Strong end-to-end ownership, autonomy, and a good sense of urgency to enable proper self-prioritization
- Production experience with modern observability tools (Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, etc.)
- Understanding of core concepts of distributed systems design
- Excellent communication skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Have built and scaled hybrid cloud and streaming data and ML platforms from scratch and are up to date with tools and methods for deploying, managing and connecting data mesh in complex enterprise environments.
- Production experience in log onboarding to logging platforms to support SIEM and Observability
- Practical experience with Data Engineering for CIM compliance
- Extensive experience building large scale distributed systems and data analytics processes on cloud native, in-memory, and fit-for-purpose hybrid infrastructure. Experience with cybersecurity data and globally distributed log & event processing systems with data mesh and data federation as the architectural core is highly desirable.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$100,000 - $160,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.