We are looking for a Data engineer for Cloud Data Lake activities. The candidate should have industry experience (preferably in Financial Services) in supporting enterprise applications and exposure to Cloud based database engineering platforms.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• End to end Cloud Data Lake design & development including data ingestion, data modeling and data distribution.
• Build data integrations between on-prem/cloud-based systems.
• Design and develop high volume data ingestion components and solutions to collect data from various sources.
• Manage and use appropriate tools in the cloud data lake development and deployment.
• Responsible for developing/implementing cloud infrastructure to support current and future business needs.
• Participating in technical design, application build, configuration, unit testing, and production deployment.
• Ensuring all cloud solutions exhibit higher level of cost efficiency, performance, security, scalability, and reliability.
• Development experience in designing, developing and deploying complex applications.
• Proficient in Oracle RDBMS and Python/Java/SQL coding .
• Hands on experience with Cloud data migration on AWS using Databricks and maintaining cloud-based database systems.
• Experience in building systems using modern, scalable, resilient, cloud native architectures.
• Experience in Data Modeling and DB design with strong skills in performance tuning.
• Hands on experience in setting up data pipelines for ETL jobs across multiple data sources.
• Hands on experience in troubleshooting and resolving database performance issues.
• Strong knowledge of Cloud Security in AWS/Azure, specifically IAM Roles & Polices, Security Groups and Encryption keys.
• Experience with optimizing database performance, scalability, ensuring data security and compliance.
• Experience with event based, micro-batch and batched high volume and high velocity transaction and data processing system.
• Proficiency with CICD and DevOps.
Education & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s/Master's Degree in a computer science, computer engineering or equivalent field
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$70,000 - $115,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.