GS LatAm Client Service VP
Who we are looking for
As the GS Latin America and Caribbean Client Service VP, you will be responsible for the group’s service delivery for our institutional clients in the region. You will lead a dynamic team who engages with Centers of Excellence and Business Unit Shared Service teams to support our clients’ investment strategies. You will also help develop and implement a strategic vision for State Street in Latin America while managing the team that executes on our core service deliverables for our existing clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As the GS Latin America and Caribbean Client Service VP you will
- Manage a team of Client Service officers/AVPs, overseeing/directing activity and providing experienced guidance.
- Develop and motivate staff, creating an environment for service excellence. Complete performance appraisals as required.
- Provide overall project management direction for client and systems initiatives.
- Ensure superior client satisfaction by proactively identifying client needs, and potential internal issues impacting client satisfaction.
- Manage service delivery to meet or exceed SLA and KPI levels.
- Assist with client due diligences, compliance/fiduciary reviews and audits.
- Assist with new business development efforts as needed.
- During the course of normal day to day service, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Oversee annual risk assessments for customer accounts and alert senior management of any changes that may increase State Street risk.
- Create and implement a strategic client service framework that provides consistent client experience and leverages best practices.
- Work closely with internal management teams to ensure an effective operating environment. Work with senior management keeping them informed of new developments, service issues, and new business/cross sell opportunities.
- In conjunction with more senior management, develops, recommends and executes business unit plans and a framework for service excellence.
- Review and analyses client P&Ls for reasonability and investigate identified issues.
- Serve on committees. Help define and implement new company initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Must possess superior and proven leadership capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a passion for client service
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and experience with client presentations a must.
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Must be bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese
- Bachelor’s degree with business related coursework or degree in Accounting or Finance, preferred
- Strong computer competence (Microsoft applications: Excel, Word, etc.)
- Good knowledge of financial and investment operations and related industry experience is a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines driven environment
- US holiday work may be required.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Salary Range:$100,000 - $160,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.